Total beginning, but here's my completely budget setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Upinsmoke420365, Dec 17, 2016.

1. #1 Upinsmoke420365, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    See I don't smoke weed but my 2 girlfriends do. So they had saved 15bagseeds from some pretty good weed. I decided to germinate then using the paper towel method. Then transfered them into jiffy cups/solo cups. They all grew except 1. And here we are now. You guys are free to ask questions. Currently I am transplanting them into 2 and half gallons of soil. IMG_20161217_135331.jpg IMG_20161217_135411.jpg

Attached Files:

2. is there any holes on the bottom for drainage? also, you have two girlfriends? do they know about the other? lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yes, there also raised so the water does not hit the cardboard. As far as my girlfriends, we live together

Attached Files:

4. Looks good man, also, are your girlfriends conjoined?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nice set up, what you really need are LED growlights, and maybe some high P and K plant feed for flo, I'd also get some mycorrise

6. I went 50/50 sand soil, for drainage. I plan to top dress it with bloodmeal. Going to try to stay completely organic. No my girlfriends are totally separate lol its called a polygamous relationship. Everyone is in a relationship together.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Next step have to buy a soil testing kit, to see if the pH is correct currently

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

8. I got a bit distracted by the 2 girlfriends but hey good for you I guess lol now onto the actual plants i think try to increase your light how you can.I have a led light its not a huge fancy one just a 200 watt full spectrum but I must say my plants are growing very well.Each plant will need a 100 watts especialy when you get to flower.and topping and some plant training will really help too.

9. You're gonna need a shit load of light if you want to get a decent harvest from 14 plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  10. Finally got all my transplants done, and tested the soil. Its at about 6, happy that I made almost a perfect mix . But here's a video, but plan to make new changes soon, open to opinions.
    VID 20161218 183806

11. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3 weeks in, only 3 plants are slow rolling, but others are doing great added more lights then I had before and a temporary cover to redirect some of the light back in

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. bagseeds? Be careful. Watch for signs of males.

13. Yes from bag seeds, I will have to sex them, never grown before but I think from the research I did shouldn't be to hard

14. So I have 14 plants so far my main concern is the PH jumped to about 7.2 so I gave them a dose of fish nutes and dropped the pH of the solution by adding white vinegar to 6. It only dropped the pH to a even 7. The other issue they look all heathy except I notice on some leaves little tiny wrinkles. My assumption is I haven't controlled the humidity so I cracked the window and added a pot of water on the heater. These have been under 24 hour lighting since I started also

I would like some opinions on these issues and how soon do you think I will be able to start sexing them.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]20161224/5e80700b51ac5c5cbc4358d7fb22a1e9.jpg[/IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. I would be worryied about more lights vs the ph levels. Those plants are going to out grow those cfls real quick

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yes I was considering adding more but want to sex them first, so I can weed out any possible males or Herm's, then I can decide what to add. Spent about 120 dollars so far and that wasn't in my budget lol considering Christmas spending :-/

17. Well started low stress training taped the largest ones for now
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. Honestly the tape held for a short while then the plants broke free. So just I am going to just supercrop. Started using Alaska fish fert 2 weeks ago.2 plants got heat stressed being to close to the heater but looking good now since I moved things around. Still running 24/7 lighting. Here's some updated pics.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. General question, I have a deadline around the end of April / beginning of May. My landlord does a inspection twice a year. They have been growing for a month, and honestly I have no clue when I should switch them to 12/12. But I need them to be ready to harvest by end of April. Any great ideas of timing?