total beginner

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by terrytibbs, Jul 27, 2008.

1. hi all

ive bought a grow tent kit and a wilma 4 pot system off ebay and was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers as it is my first grow and im still learning the lingo etc..

here is a picture of what i have set up tonight DSC01866.jpg

is there anything i need to change or set up differently? i have a carbon filter in the top left corner with ducting connected to a rvk 100e2 fan which is above the tent in a hole in the ceiling with ducting going up to a vent in the roof, the bulb is 400w... the tent is in a cupboard space only just big enough to fit the tent and there are some hot water pipes near the base which some insulating padding should take care of, i have tested it on for two hours before and the max temp was 86 degrees, i am worried that it might be a bit too hot??

the mediums i have is coco professional plus and the clay pepples but i dont know what one to try first (i have been told to use the coco to begin with as its easier to work with), and i have bio bizz grow,bloom and top max as my nutes which i am a bit unsure of how to use correctly so any help with that would be great

i have two babies ready to go in from a mates veg room as soon as i buy a few last things this week... any tips from you guys would be greatly appreciated, cheers

Attached Files:

2. as no-ones answered me i thought i would give a bit more info as i could really do with some pointers.

i have re potted 2 bubblegum plants and put them under the 400watt fps for the first time today on 18/6 and worryingly the average temp is 95 and the top temp its been today is 103, i have bought two fans today as a quick fix thinking they would do somthing to control the temp while i order some oscilating fans but they havn't done anything, the only way i can get the temp down is to leave the tent open and even then it only goes to about 92/3, as you can see here the leaves are scorching at the top DSC01872.jpg

i have had the wilma running (with just plain water) for 15 mins every two hours while the light is on and the coco soil is damp at the top but sodden at the bottom so ive backed off to 15 mins every 3 hours with the light on (is this right?)

ive read and read all the articles and stickies on here but i cant find anything that relates to my specific problems so any help with saving these bubblegum ladies from a frying would be greatly appreciated, ta

Attached Files:

3. come on, someone help me out!!

4. you need a LOT more cool air going into that tent, its way way way too hot

like 3x's as much if not more

is the air in the closet the tent is in hot?

see if you can pull cool air up through the floor or something

5. 1) Like Mr above ^^ mentioned get those temps down. 96 F is way too high, if at all possible, try to get it down to 75 or at worst 80 F. If you try to flower in those conditions THC maturation will be almost completely diminished... Meaning the THC that you do get will not be psychoactive... meaning you will not get high on that shit.

2) Don't mist while the lights are on. The water droplets can magnify the light and burn the foliage, similar to how you can kill ants using the solar rays through a mag glass. try to mist about a 1/2 hour before the lights turn on if possible.

Peace