toro 7/13 vs sov stem 8

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by canadiankush19, Jan 22, 2013.

1. dont have my choices totally narrowed down yet but these 2 are top competitors in it, i love the work on the toros and i will most likely find one easy alot of people say only good about sov though and the stem 8 is perfect for flowers (what im using the tube for) the only problem with the stem 8 is that it may be hard to find what do you guys think?

2. #2 Pizzaroll, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
    I would go for the stem 8 if your looking for a flower tube and can find one. If not I'd go with a full size toro. The 7/13 micros aren't bad with flowers but if your not gonna use oil the fullsize is a better choice.

Edit: just wanna let you know that in the FB groups you can get a fullsize 7/13 with work on the top of the 13 with a 4 arm toro AC for the same or less than you'd pay for a Stem 8.

3. stem 8....u can always get rid of it for a fair amount if u dont like it

4. If you can find it the Stem8 is without a doubt the better of the two. I have a 7-13, and don't get me wrong I love it, but the Stem8's I have hit had all made me jealous.

5. yea the stem8 looks like it functions well, only hard part is trying to find one lol i just love the look of the worked sections of toros though they look so nice i want the stem 8 more for function but it will be hard to find

6. Which facebook groups? Could you link me to a few please?

7. anyone know if the worked stem 8 would be worth the extra $200 of the non worked one? and sorry weedhound47 i dont know the groups either but im interested in the link too

8. I pmd you both.

For an all clear stem 8 you would be lucky to get it for 600. So +200 for work=800 which IMO is too much unless it came with a worked slide as well.

9. Toro Circ to Circ. Just picked one up with the teal label and an amazing worked section, as well as black lip and base, from my man at NY Gifts.

Attached Files:

10. It comes with a worked slide too, not too muxh different just bigger and worked. You dont think its worth that extra money? I love how toros look and ease to find + buy, i just love how the stem 8 functions

11. How much did u have to pay for that?

12. #12 Ovid, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
    How worked is the question. Some Stem8's are only worked on the top of the tree perc, some are only worked on the base, some have complete worked joints, base and tree. But to answer your question, considering the rarity of a Stem8, if it's worked and comes with a matching slide $800 is not terribly far out there.

13. I thought clear stem/8's were around 450-500?

14. They are, but they are also a pain in the ass to find.

15. Exactly why im considering the toro lol

16. You should post a pic of the worked one your looking at buying

17. Attached Files:

18. That particular tube has been long since sold.

19. Go with an EFS Donut to Griddedshowerhead, I'm pretty sure its a lot cheaper and probably just as good as a stem-8