Torch not working

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by katherinethebaked, Jun 15, 2018.

1. I haven’t used my torch in a few weeks but I finally got more butane today and tried to use it. The butane sputtered out of the bottom but I didn’t think the torch was full and it isn’t lighting. Do you guys think it’s an issue with the butane or the torch? Any tips for how to get it to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. No idea, I use them, but don't know much of them.

Of course the obvious does you're torch have a flame adjustment and is it turned to where it is pushing butane?

Look where you fill the torch and make sure there is nothing obstructing it.

When you depress the ignition, do you hear gas coming out?

If so, my guess is your ignition is shot for any number of reasons. I would assume you can replace the battery, but if not, you could probably replace the igniter itself. Of course if you do not feel comfortable doing that, you can and should simply order/buy another one.

I mean, now, I can't recommend it, though I doubt it'd be a problem, if it is pushing out butane, I'd use a candle or something to ignite the gas... I'd probably do it outside the first time in case there were any leaks with the torches seal. I'd rather catch the yard on fire first, not after I catch the house on fire lol

But of course, I can't recommend that because who knows, things can always go bad, that's just something I would try if I felt the device itself were sound beyond the lack of ignition.

Still, they are pretty cheap, so, just get another one to keep things simple.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I thought it might be the ignition too, but I tried using a lighter to spark it and it didn’t work. I’m hoping it’s just an issue with the cheap butane, but if not I guess it’s time for a replacement torch ‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Do you have the right size fill tip on the butane refill
    The tip allows it to fit properly to your torches fill stem thus no butane should spray out while filling
    try filling again

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. A great lesson, how don't need to do this