Topping question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by danbigbud123, Jan 27, 2013.

1. I have just topped my plant due to only having 4/5 foot growing space my question is will my plants still grow taller or will they just bush out?

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

2. Depends on your setup. Single point light source? No training? Colas will compete for the light. Tie the branches back, will light up more budsites and encourage more colas.

3. I have a 600 watt hps light i topped 3 out of 6 taday i still have a good 2 feet of height left in my tent will the still grow a little bit taller?

4. they will continue growing vertically, now with two smaller main colas. if you want them to be wider, you gotta tie them down.

5. They are still going to grow taller, unless they are in the flowering period for a few weeks. However, when topping the plants you are creating a free for all for all the remaining branches, they are going to get a rush of nutrients that would have otherwise gone to the main top, and you will get a huge growth spurt on those branches. If you are careful to maintain an even canopy you should be able to have uniform growth, however if one gets ahead of the rest it will take the place of the original main top.

6. Cheers dude thats what i needed to no and my plants are stil in ce under 24/0 i will leave them vegging for 2 weeks more so now that i have topped should i leave it at that and let them be or would you recomend a scrog? Lst?

7. They will grow taller, and as they do start tying the branches lower and lower, opening up the plant.. use the current height as your benchmark and try to tie the top branches so that they dont get any taller... it will take constant adjustments of your tie-job but it will allow the lower branches to catch up, and all the branches that catch up will make nice fat tops.. in tying the top branches down, in order to keep them low theyy will have to open up more and more allowing light to penetrate the canopy and your bottom buds will juice up a bit as well... as an added yield inducer, tying as many branches outward and away from the center while allowing them to still grow upward in pursuit of the sky will also allow more light into the plants lower bits, thus increasing yield... if you tie, tie it away from the shadow, so that they are all recieving as much light as possible... fuckin explodes growth...

8. Yes they will. Topping doesn't kill off vertical growth. It will limit it because the plant needs to redirect energy and stoner theory says the 2 new colas created by topping won't be as tall as the 1 would have been had you not topped. Most of that isn't exactly facts but just what I've noticed in my very short time in this hobby.

Tying them down, be it LST or scrog, seems to be the best way to truly limit height.

Whoops morange posted while I slowly typed. Him > me

9. Cheers for the tips as you can tell i am new to this lol as it stand now my plants are just under 2 foot tall my tent is 5.2 feet tall what would you guys recomend let them be as they are? Start lst? Or put a screen in a 2 feet and start a scrog?

10. Scrog that shit...

11. If that's the only place you have to flower then just flower them or if you want bigger buds then scrog it will take longer though with scrog or lst

Sent from iPhone 5

12. I think i may go with the scrog im not really fussed how long it takes aslong as it all goes good and with the help of all you guys on here it will do fingers crossed and i took your advice freeborn the plants are loving the 24 hours of light some major growth going on

13. Yep good luck bro

Sent from iPhone 5