Topping question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by weedwasted, Jul 6, 2012.

1. I have one outdoor plant that's about 2 ft tall. Is topping necessary? Will it increase my yield drastically? Thanks to some how to videos I feel like I know what to do, but never having done it before, could I kill my plant trying to top it?

2. [quote name='"weedwasted"']I have one outdoor plant that's about 2 ft tall. Is topping necessary? Will it increase my yield drastically? Thanks to some how to videos I feel like I know what to do, but never having done it before, could I kill my plant trying to top it?[/quote]

No topping is not necessary, no there is no way you could kill your plant topping.. Unless you cut it down near the soil :)

Not saying it would drastically increase your yield especially cause your already two feet tall.. When are you going to flower? It will obviously give you to main colas instead of one.. If you want much more then two without topping (or with) look into low stress training (LST).

3. I've done it with all of my plants. It works great for my grow methods, but strains plants don't react well to topping - mine do. Also, you don't want to top too close to flowering, because it stresses the plant. If you do it at the right time, hell yes it increases yield. Topping creates multiple "shoots" instead of one giant cola.

I also LST my plant's though. It's amazing how when you LST or TOP, you can see the new growth - these plants never fail to amaze me. I'll post a pic of my topped beauty here in a second.

4. The dark spot that I'm pointing at is a topped spot.

image-2920655468.jpg

image-883290986.jpg

image-1983332464.jpg

5. [quote name='"SmokeMB"']these plants never fail to amaze me[/quote]

this ^ x 1,000,000! Such awesome plants!

Here's my plant with zero topping/fimming only a little LST and training with the screen.. I have 40-50 tops..

image-182785076.jpg

6. Yea scrog with fimming is great nothing like gettin a shitload of dense eighth bud tops

7. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']Yea scrog with fimming is great nothing like gettin a shitload of dense eighth bud tops[/quote]

Yeah like I said no FIM/TOP'ing on this entire plant just screen and one time I pulled it down with string before the screen went in. The guy who's showing me everything got 37 zips on three plants (sensi star) and I'm doing critical sensi star. I'm hoping for anything over 5-6 ounces and he said I should be able to get 9 without a problem.