Topping into Clone?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Anony, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Can a topping be planted in clone method?

2. Not too sure, but we just got done doing 2 clones in rockwool. We followed Marijuana Man's cloning technique off of Pot TV. It was super easy using 2 of the branches from the main stem. Here's a pic of the new little girls. Hopefully there's a good root system started in 7 days or so.:p

Attached Files:

• 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      File size:
      65.1 KB
      Views:
  3. yes, but you have to cut off more than just one node. It's better to take clones from side branches just do to age and strength imo.

I'd say top away and take your clones from the side.

4. as long as there is a growing tip, it will/can grow, if cloned properly, and there are no problems.

5. Is it bad to start clones under an hps?

6. Yeah I don't think it's a good idea. Mr. Marijuana Man on Pot TV said to start em under floros or a low light output. We put ours under the floros we had before we got the HPS.

7. The hps is no good for clones. It's too powerful and will end up stressing the hell out of them if they survive at all. Get a long flouro tube or a CFL for clones.

8. i agree with what the others suggest. i wouldn't use the hps. even if i had to go buy some cheap ones from wal-mart, i'd rather use tubes. what i'd rather use, is some t-5's. they're much better (in my opinion) than shop lite type set-ups.

9. If you use HPS use a very small one (you re wating electricity too if you dont), and keep it far from the plants. HPS will burn and kill the little babies if you are not careful. When I need to top for whatever reason, I always clone the top that I cut. I never waste any branches this way. But if you have a choice, definitely take the smaller, lower growth. I have found that the smaller and more "green" the stem, the easier that it roots. A "woody" (old branch) will rot, but it may take longer.