Topping during flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thatguy420, Feb 13, 2008.

1. I've read dierwolfs post about it probably 20 times..infact i have it under my favorites haha but i have a question about flowering.. i got a LR2 going good right now, probably 8 inches high and ive already topped it a few times and it has 6 tops now. I was wondering about topping during flowering...i read that youre supposed to just cut off the tip of the bud? Could somebody post a pic of this or something, or provide a more detailed explanation i would appreciate it. Thanks and good growing

2. Don't top during flowering. Clipping the tip of a bud won't grow two new buds, some believe it fattens the bud.

3. so basically once its started to flower its too late

4. Too late to top, yeah.

But no worries, sounds like you've already got a good bushy plant going. You can still use LST during flower to maximize the secondary bud growth.

5. Haha funny that you speak of it i just tied down two of the tops before i read this.. thanks for the replies man

6. Dont top during flowering. The plant will use its energy for new growth to those 2 shoots, as opposed to making precious flowers.

7. Yes, I'm also a mind-reader...:p