Topping/cloning

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by daoneied, Jul 27, 2018.

1. When topping a plant can you clone the portion you cut off?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. When you take a cutting in order to clone it, the cutting needs to be 3-5” long and have a few nodes on it.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1
  3. Most definately, as long as the cutting is big enough to make into a clone like 918 stated

• Like Like x 1
  4. I will add. Taking a clone from the top of a plant will have less rooting hormones and will probably take longer to root. Usually clones are taken from the bottom when pruning because they have more hormones but it'll work if you have the equipment to clone and know what youre doing

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have experimented with taking clones from all over. I have had crazy stuff survive, but as previously stated, good clones should be taken from the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have experimented with taking clones from all over. I have had crazy stuff survive, but as previously stated, good clones should be taken from the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry about the double post. The forum is acting slow. I shouldn’t have hit post the second time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have experimented with taking clones from all over. I have had crazy stuff survive, but as previously stated, good clones should be taken from the bottom.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Been doing it to me too

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks a bunch! I thought it would be quicker than waiting for branching.

11. Thanks a bunch! I thought it would be quicker than waiting for branching.

12. Thanks, the plant hasn't started branching to take clones so i want to try the top. We'll see how it goes.