Top ten things you know now you wish you knew then!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by virgingrow, Jul 10, 2011.

1. well bent over theplants and snapped rm up buta couple of popsicles and a couple of weeks later they were fine

2. 1. Prolly biggest mistake most people make is watering. [over watering to be exact]
    2. Type of lights to use.
    3. DONT USE MIRACLE GROW Soil . [tho my first plant im still growing started in it and looks ok but I feel it's gettin slight nute burn every time i add extra P food.]
    4. The size of the pot will correlate to size of plant.
    5. Knowing what sexing actually looks like [after u see it first time u wont panic about if its showign sex or not ]
    6. knowing how to setup lights and how far away they should be from plant. [if you're using cfl's and not hps]

im sure there's more since i've prolly made my share of rookie mistakes but these are my biggest things.

3. that one should be don't be too trusting lol. when I was in "business" myself I would only front to people that were friends i trusted. Tho that doesnt always work too cause I had one person disapear on me over 7O$ that i thought was my boy. Just gotta recognize the shadey individuals.

4. Sadly, number 6 was blood related.

5. Have everything prepared before you begin - it sucks rushing around trying to put stuff together at the last second.

Don't mix bagseed with purchased genetics in the same flower cab - bagseed hermied and I got seeded everything.

Don't sell out of the grow house - I was raided by a SWAT team, full riot gear, flashbang grenades, riot shields, assault rifles, etc. Due to a confidential informant who I'd been selling to for 9 years. Police walked out with 6000w of HPS lighting and all the fixings. Only got a 1/2 pound of bud though, bitches.

Ventilation is more important than lighting. Believe that. You'll yield more quality product with less light and adequate ventilation than you will with more light and inadequate ventilation.

Grow in a quality medium - remember the perlite. I'm not saying you need FFOF or ProMix. You can buy a budget medium, and properly amend it with some perlite and it'll help that said medium 10 fold. You can buy that cheap-ass topsoil at walmart and if you amend it with about 30% perlite you'll be pretty well off.

pH is the key. You don't need an expensive pH meter - GH sells a test kit where you add drops of a solution to the water and compare the colors to get a rough estimate of pH - $5. Test the irrigation water each time and adjust it properly. Test the run-off every other watering.

That's 6, and I'm spent.

6. Amen on the "wish I didn't tell anyone". I regret that shit already, and I've only told my "best friend", who I can see already is getting power hungry and wanting to involve himself as much as possible to get as much as he can out of it. DON'T TELL ANYONE. PERIOD. Plus this gives them complete power over you as they can black mail you at anytime if they want and say they'll rat you out if you don't comply with their demands (which hasn't happened yet but could, which I'd kill that person for doing).

My second would be I wish I'd known that fuckin' particle board, plywood and other pressed woods release formaldehyde fumes. This wasn't mentioned anywhere on any build your own growbox threads or anything. And now I'm regretting my box which is releasing fumes that burn my eyes and will possibly mess with my plants.

7. #27 virgingrow, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    How did that work out?

8. I wish I knew that just because people grow up physically, doesn't mean they do mentally. If I'd have known there were adult babies everywhere, it would have been an easier transition into adulthood and I could have manipulated life a bit.

9. Which part? I'll assume the arrest. It worked out so-so. After losing everything, I had to pay a good penny for a lawyer, spent 3 months in county, bounded out to home detention, spent 6-7 months on home detention before receiving 2 years probation. All together, spent about $10,000 on the case.

But it beats what my public defender was going to get me - 8 years in prison.

10. #30 DeathHeadRider, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You get what you pay for when it comes to lawyers! Glad you had a pretty good one. 8 years would have sucked!!

11. I also wish I would have known not to take life so seriously when I was a bit younger and to also smoke weed when I worked. I could have handled the stresses of life better if I had, instead of letting myself be controlled by emotions. Not having a release is bad.