top or not

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by northlat, Mar 28, 2012.

1. anyone have experience with moroc from female seeds ? does it respond well to topping?

2. Is it an auto?

3. was wondering if i should top my outdoor sativa dp

its gonna get pretty tall im assuming, and i dont want it to droop due to the two heavy colas

4. no not an auto, breeder description is one pheno , non hybrid sativa. i was curious if it was a type that did better with a single main stem. i couldn't find much on the strain.

5. From what I understand it's a relativly new strain right? I havn't even heard of it till this season.

6. no, i think it has been around for at least acouple years.

7. my experience is that topping sativas is the best thing to do.. they'll split all over the place if you hit each top to each branch, not only the main cola but every cola.. then get rid of the bottom branches cause they dont really produce anything worth trimming, but look into how to top and fim and lst and supercrop first, before you decide which way to go.. you gotta go with the situation..

8. [quote name='"chopshop"']

my experience is that topping sativas is the best thing to do.. they'll split all over the place if you hit each top to each branch, not only the main cola but every cola.. then get rid of the bottom branches cause they dont really produce anything worth trimming, but look into how to top and fim and lst and supercrop first, before you decide which way to go.. you gotta go with the situation..[/quote]

I've already looked up on all them, I understand how to and what to do.

Thanks for the help, I don't think I'm going to supercrop since I'm a noob and dont wanna fuck up my plant, I'll probably top.

I don't want to LST really, I see no advantages to it of its outdoors and I don't need to hide it.

9. exactly I don't like to push my opinion, it s foul.. lol. top that shit at the end of july..

10. I think lst works amazing outdoors, I've had increased yields with it indoor and outdoor

11. [quote name='"jPinkham"']I think lst works amazing outdoors, I've had increased yields with it indoor and outdoor[/quote]

I agree. Increasing light to inner branches and making the plant branch out more is VERY beneficial outdoors. It's not just about hight, it's about yielding more and maximizing sun exposure to your buds.

12. Somebody told me to just cut the lower branches off lol.

And how early should I start LSTing you think? Like 5 weeks in? How many branches up/down?

13. [quote name='"LankySwag"']

Somebody told me to just cut the lower branches off lol.

And how early should I start LSTing you think? Like 5 weeks in? How many branches up/down?[/quote]

hey bud I would supercrop instead of low stress strain, especially since its outdoors and also depending on the size of your pot. you said you don't have to hide anything so let that bitch grow sky high instead of turning it into a damn bush! wait till you have about 5 leaf sets and then right above the first or second leaf set from the bottom, bend the plant easily with your pointer finger and thumb one way until you hear a snap. your plant should look like an upside down L. naturally the plant will raise back up to where it once was and grow toward the sun. once this happens, supercrop again one leaf set higher but fold it the opposite way to try and even things out. this is gonna allow more light to the bottom branches and allow you too have more colas instead of just one or two, with adding more size to your buds as well. this works exceptionally well if you top everywhere too! good luck brotha!

14. [quote name='"burnintrees407"']

hey bud I would supercrop instead of low stress strain, especially since its outdoors and also depending on the size of your pot. you said you don't have to hide anything so let that bitch grow sky high instead of turning it into a damn bush! wait till you have about 5 leaf sets and then right above the first or second leaf set from the bottom, bend the plant easily with your pointer finger and thumb one way until you hear a snap. your plant should look like an upside down L. naturally the plant will raise back up to where it once was and grow toward the sun. once this happens, supercrop again one leaf set higher but fold it the opposite way to try and even things out. this is gonna allow more light to the bottom branches and allow you too have more colas instead of just one or two, with adding more size to your buds as well. this works exceptionally well if you top everywhere too! good luck brotha![/quote]

Thanks man, I just don't wanna snap them to hard, but I'll give it a go on one of my plants and if it works, then I'll do it to all of them.

15. if its a full sativa you'll see what I mean by thinning out the crappy bottom branches.. little tiny sucker branches that form not even half gram buds..

16. lanky swag you shit, start your own thread . the question was should moroc from female seeds be topped or does it do better as a single stem plant?

17. ^ Hahaha like I said, Me and Lanky are GC thugs, we jacked the north eastern growers thread and now Lankys moving on to his next target.

18. seriously? i'd be pissed but i know how old you aren't:)

19. [quote name='"northlat"']lanky swag you shit, start your own thread . The question was should moroc from female seeds be topped or does it do better as a single stem plant?[/quote]

lol :p

20. #20 ThEbLuEMaGoO, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    I'm 19 man not trying to lie to you. And it's not like were pirates or something he just had a quick question, theres no need to be pissed. I'm sure as soon as someone who knows about your strain reads the thread, they'll be glad to help you.