Top off rez/nute question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by lowd, Jan 27, 2013.

1. This is my question for the firsst time I am using an auto top off rez for my dwc grow. In the past I have put all my nutes in my main grow rez and then I just add back plain ro water for a few weeks then I do a complete change out and start with fresh everything. This time I was almost wondering if I should fill my rez with the same ration of nutes that my main rez has?

I realize that this may have alot of opinion and past grow experience type of answers but Id like to hear them. The grow is currently being documented on my thread if anyone is looking for more information.

Thanks for the look and I await any responses.

2. i have always done my topping off with water....

but i have a fellow grower friend who added nutes in his res, exactly like your thinking... I explained to him this was a terrible idea and a waste of good seedlings as well as nutrients....

but I couldn't argue with his results... explosive...

still seems dangerous to me, and a waste

feel free to go ahead at your own risk... interested to see your results

3. In the beginning (1yr) I read this and it didn't make no sence to me at all.

I always top with fresh nuted water.

I run NFTechnique and added my big res 2mo's ago, harvested 4 plants, and have never changed it out. Feeding 1hr on 1/2hr off. I'm getting fantastic results.

Still don't know why anyone would do that. The plants are drinking, so give them what they want.