Top of flowering plant burnt... with pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by hangook420, Mar 19, 2007.

1. One of the tops of the plants got burnt!!

Well I was away for the weekend, 2 nights and 2 days and when I came back the top of a plant was touching the light! I checked the top of the plant and it was burnt!!

What happens now?? Did I ruin that top?? I'm happy it was only one plant but i'm sad cuz it burnt a nice top! I took some pics so tell me what u guys think?? Is the top screwed??
    Has anyone burnt the top of their flowering plants before? what happened to the end product?

replies are much appreciated

2. Oops I forgot to post the pics.. well here it is..

Attached Files:

3. Did you see that tipping method I left in the other thread? Tipping is cutting off the first few inches of the bud from the top cola right about at the point in time yours are at. This apparently causes the buds to fill out even more. Give it a try on this perfect candidate and compare colas on the non tipped plants.

4. You mind telling which forum/thread you used to post your "tipping" technique?

5. Cutting off the top cola will diffuse hormons elsewhere. It will not increase in that one main cola. Infact the plant could go into shock from it and not start growing like it was until about a month later.

It only looked like a couple weeks into flowering if im right so if you keep it away from the light for a week ( put the plant on the outer edge of the grow room light and keep a good eye on it), it will start growing good as new formation in about 2-3 weeks. But cutting off the main cola does not sound like a good idea to me.

6. hey man, thanks. been trying to read up on what the effect may be but haven't yet found anything that targets that problem specifically.
    have been putting it on the "edge" for the last 2 weeks but it forever pulls towards that light.
    it's up to about 6&1/2 to 7' now and it still has about 3-4 more weeks to go.