top dressing?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by monkeysquad, May 1, 2011.

1. hey everyone..i'm about 35 days into my first grow now. the soil i used was about 12-10-10, i added bone mean blood meal kelp meal perilite EWC and lime to it and the plants absolutely love it. so far everything is going great, i was just starting to wonder about starting nutes and/or a top dressing, but i really have no idea where to start.

anyone have any suggestions?!? it'd really help.

oh and my journal is in the link below if you need any pics or more info to go off of. :smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. just buy the foxfarm trio

3. 12-10-10? Sounds like a pretty hefty amount. If you're still in veg I would start with some botanicare cal-mag. It's 2-0-0 with 2% magnesium and 4% calcium. I always start off with that before the veg nutes to make sure I don't burn anything. If it's a fresh clone, start with about 400 PPM of Cal Mag, then go up to about 600-800 PPM, THEN after a week or two switch over to your veg nutes. This is in soiless mix of course. Your soil is hefty so I would start with 200 PPM of Cal Mag and see how the plant responds. If you get leaf twist or curl, it was a heavy feeding, and too many of those in a row will "burn" the plant.

Edit: Add a dash of bloom nutes the first couple feedings to help the plants roots develop and make sure sure it doesn't miss out on anything early on. I know it sounds weird but a teacher at Oaksterdam with some AMAZING plants swore by this tactic. Just a dash.