Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Top colas elongating, very thin and sparse

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by fastus edus, Jul 20, 2017.

1. , lower buds looking normal. Plant looks healthy, just as I was looking to see the top colas filling in and thickening, they're doing the opposite! Stretching out, thinning and space between buds. Been flushing thinking it's too much N, but still not filling in. I topped them tonite to get rid of the excessive growth, hope that didn't fuck things up...

2. Pics would be nice so we can see what you are seeing

• Like Like x 1
  3. How far into flowering? Pics would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. here's some pics, fat cola in one pic is GDP, affected plants are OGKush and Jack. The Jack was looking great until the last couple days started elongating. Could light leakage cause this? I forgot to drop a curtain a few times and let veg light in during the dark 12 period...I'm an idiot!!!

Cant upload images, I'll have to work on getting URL to show pics...Photobucket still around???

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
  5. Your light is either too weak or too far away from the tops of your plants...or both. Every plant needs the highest wattage/best quality flower lighting you can hang over it and space to spread during the cycle so light can penetrate the canopy and develop out the buds down inside the plant. Too many don't have a good understanding of just how much wattage it takes to get a plant to produce like it should. Lighting is the KEY element of the indoor grow as far as growth/production goes and trying to flower too many with too little light will result in buds like you describe above. If you only have lighting to support one plant, you will be much better off weight wise, to only flower 1 plant and make it as good as possible rather than having a lot of sub-par plants. Pictures would help....always...taken under natural lighting and not LED/HPS lamps as it skews the color of the plant. Hope this helps. TWW

6. Your light is either too weak or too far away from the tops of your plants...or both. Every plant needs the highest wattage/best quality flower lighting you can hang over it and space to spread during the cycle so light can penetrate the canopy and develop out the buds down inside the plant. Too many don't have a good understanding of just how much wattage it takes to get a plant to produce like it should. Lighting is the KEY element of the indoor grow as far as growth/production goes and trying to flower too many with too little light will result in buds like you describe above. If you only have lighting to support one plant, you will be much better off weight wise, to only flower 1 plant and make it as good as possible rather than having a lot of sub-par plants. Pictures would help....always...taken under natural lighting and not LED/HPS lamps as it skews the color of the plant. Hope this helps. TWW

7. The lights I'm using aren't an issue, I've cropped many large top buds using the same lights. I have mistakenly allowed light in during the dark 12 period on a few occasions, usually for less than 1/2 hour(failed to drop a curtain separating my veg area) resulting in moderate light hitting my sleeping beauties...not all plants being equally affected tho...

8. Thank you for the pics, it confirmed my suspicion of fox tailing...... foxtailing happens for 2 reasons: too high of heat for the plant and/or its genetic..... imho, if your heat is fine, then its genetic which only affects bag appeal, though if your heat is not then that will affect potency