Toooo talllll!!!help!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Artofwar87, Jul 3, 2011.

1. I have 3 plants now 2 which are only about 3 ft. The 3rd is nearly 8 ft and getting to tall. There about 3-4 weeks into flowering. What can I do? Can I fim the top of the tall one or what?????

2. you can either train the top as in almost snapping it and letting it fold over on it self.

but when flowering you dont wanna stress the plant out.

id suggest bending the tops down.

other then that you cant to much in flower without hurting the buds.

3. Idc if I loose anything off the top as long as it don't kill it. But if i don't do something 2 months of work is down the drain. Bending the tops down? Anyone have any other info ??????????????????????????????

4. For a little bit more info.

4'x4' Closest
    400w HPS
    2 Plants - Fimmed (3-4ft tall)
    1 Plant - Not Fimmed (8-9ft tall)
    Bag seed(So no idea how tall this ones going to get)

5. Just a little more info. The 8ft+ plant, when it was 5' I had to stake it due to how tall it was. Is that stake making it grow taller? Should I pull it to do reduce the growth? Any help is appreciated.

I haven't looked at them for 2 days and I took a glance today and my hps has about 4" left to go up and the top of the plant is right against the wing style 400w hps light I have.

6. Those pictures are showing 3 ft plants not 9 foot stretched looking plant(s)....

As well as it looks like those plants have been fimmed or something. (Tall one) has had nothing done to it for advance yield/growing tech.

7. im an experianced grower, and im being honest with you dude,

THE ONLY thing you can do to not loose the bud is to bend the main top down and tie it off.

super cropping is for when your in veg.

basically you have to get some string. tie it around the main top.

and tie the other end to the bottom of the pot.

and slowly train it more and more every day.

it might snap, but if its to high up its gonna burn up.

8. #9 Artofwar87, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
    This is the top 2 foot portion of the plant. So your saying tie a string around the top and tie it off somewhere lower to start bending the top of the plant over with out snapping or trying not to snap the top? Any photos or something that illustrates this? Should I remove the 4' steak i have supporting it?

FYI.
    Im was not trying to say your wrong at all. Just I have had some misleading information that has really made these past few months a project.

Thank you for any information regarding tie down.

Main reason is for money which will pay my past bills, without this I loose alot so this means just about everything to get this finished And smoke a little :)

Attached Files:

9. okay, ill make an image for you on paint to get the point across as pictures are worth a 1000 words

10. its shitty but here lol
    adasd.jpg

its reall simple dude, i just dont want you to snap the plant.

11. Thank you. One last question sir. I haven't really been keeping track of time/dates/etc.. etc.. like a retard but w/e anyhow. Where there starting to flower has over 20-40 hairs coming out of the areas. Whats my estimated time? 1 month prob right?

Thx for the info good sir

12. you look about 2.5 weeks in maybe 3 and most plants are about a 9 week flower.

but thats a short indica, this is a lanky sativa.

so its probably looking at 10-11 weeks for a nice stone.

13. #14 Artofwar87, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
    how much taller you think they will get? well that one that is amazingly high. And btw when it was put into flowering which was only a few weeks ago it was only 2 ft tall. This is retarded >.<

Btw I had some string laying around the place. Since it is staked still 5 out of 8 feet. I made a 3 piece string. 1 for 6ft , 1 for 7 , 1 for 7.5. Then tied down at the pot well stapled for an eye hook. (Red neck style) lol.

The top is currently on a 90 degres angle. How much of an angle can u get from doing this without snaping the stalk?

14. it wont snap ever it might folder over on itself, which is bad.

but if you have some clearance from the light id say your good.

15. i supercrop throughout almost the entire flowering period with superb results. i dont fim or top anything once i see bud production....but i bend and crimp and tie all up until the last 2 weeks. i mean, with SOG i dont do all that but my last harvest i didnt do SOG so i bent and crimped and my end result was dense, tasty, potent, and seedless :smoke: