tool's Purple Power 2nd grow, first journal.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by toolzor, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Harvested Jack Herer and White Widow today.

WW weighed in right at 250grams wet, not a very impressive yield but the plant wasn't exactly my healthiest either.

Should be right around 60 grams dry.

Jack Herer still needs to be manicured, will post it's weight when I'm done.

2. Jack Herer came out to about 240 grams wet.

Pretty excited to see what my new healthy plants from those strains put out, the JH is the stickiest stuff I've ever handled.

When I put the buds into the drying rack I try to toss them in there to let them spread out to dry, as I pulled out chunks of the JH, when I tossed them into the rack, the handful stayed together lol. I just can't get over how sticky it is.

3. I'll get a dry weight out in a week or so, whenever the PK, JH, and WW are dry, show some pics of the dried buds, and that'll wrap up this journal.

4. Drum roll please as we wrap up this journal....

Purple Kush - 196g
    White Widow - 107g
    Jack Herer - 102g

Now for the total.

Northern Lights - 198
    Purple Haze - 110
    GDP - 184

Totalling 33.2oz

Not a bad pull. Could have definitely done better if I had taken better care of the WW and JH, and the one NL plant that ended up being trash. Not to mention the OG Kush plant that went hermie.

Thanks for tuning in!

5. glad to hear the great sucess,,,,and i give you props for a good documented grow,,,

i got 10 normal plants about 5 nodes, and 6'' tall right now im gonna throw in my g-room. after my last '' outdoor'' female in her pot finishes,,,
    but after those 10 are done, i think im going to try some auto's.. i been doing some research on them, and i like the idea they present for a prepetual grow,

happy smokin brotha,<------------

6. The only problem I have is that I try to stick with ILGM genetics. If I had the choice, I would fill all of my space with Purple Haze autos. Unfortunately ILGM does not have PH autos. So I grow 2-3 photos vegging for a month or two, then I put them into flower in my second tent. Meanwhile I veg and flower between 3-6 autos. I'm trying to replace my 4x HLG65s with either 4x HLG100s or 4x HLG120 boards. Really depends on sales, availability etc. It's really neat with autos because you essentially have at least one harvest a month depending on your grow areas. Stagger planting, etc and if you time it right, boom, you never run out.

I think I'm done growing pure indicas after my next run, as I don't like the way they make me feel, my wife doesn't like it either. We want to relax and the GDP really makes us paranoid. The WW on the other hand we've been smoking for about a week, and it's great. I think going forward I'm really only interested in hybrids.

Thanks for following!

7. yeah im not to fond of a indica myself.. i like a uplifting sativa buzz,,,

im burying myself in learning the do's and dont's of auto's,,, ive seen one growing in a friends bathroom under a board light, he said it was a auto, and allthough ive seen the term on here,, im really old school and wasnt intrested,,,

but the thought of a prepetual grow really grabs my attention,as im a heavy smoker and like to turn my friends into some good bud,,

i guess what i got going now. will be my winter grow, and possiblly my last grow for a while with regular seeds,, i like to dabble in pollinating, and never really knowing what your gonna get, till you light it up..

but the idea of having multiple strains, at multiple stages of growth under the same light schedule just blows my mind,

i use 2.5 gallon buckets for all my grows.. i wonder if the bigger the pot would influence a auto,, im on page 6 of 1,000 pluss page auto thread.. but im determined to look at all the pages,

8. My half pound auto was in a 5 gallon pot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. My current grow
    2 Purple Haze planeted yesterday
    Chronic Widow (photo)
    GDP (photo)

WW (auto)
    OGKush (auto)
    Jack Herer (auto)

Everything except the PH was planted 10/12. I have not started flowering the CW or GDP yet, I'm going to flower them probably tomorrow or Saturday.

Attached Files:

10. yep gotta get me some of those SMART-POTS...im likeing the purple auto mix pack I.L.G.M. has,

i got to do some redneck engeneering, and turn my stadium style '' light hood'' into a parabolic hood,, for height issues, that stadium dome hood hangs down way too far, with a jig saw and some metal flashing, i should be able to make something, or spend 60 bucks and buy one,

11. ILGM has a purple AUTO mix pack??? Since when??

12. Damn, I got all excited and ran over to get disappointed.

13. ^^^ it may have been ther '' blue'' mix pack i was looking at,,, but i also been looking at '' ALIBONGO'' seed selection on auto's and im liking thier prices and selection a lot better, id like to have at least 5+ strains of 10 + plants,,, just have to see how my light is after i make a '' parabolic'' hood, i think my plan i got is gonna work out great,, im a hoarder when it comes to light, and reflective metal i may run across,,,a while back i was at a gas station being decommisioned, and i got there lights,, the 24'' x 24'' lights you see when you look up, at a gas stations overhang,

well in there is 2 different kinda thick reflective metal pieces, and thats going to work perfect when i fill in the gaps from cutting up my current '' stadium style hood'' and fold the 4 flaps up..

14. Ah, gotchya

15. man that hood turned out a lot better than i was predecting,3 foot across ,,and reflective as hell..and those metallic pieces in the small convience store lights.. sealed it all up tight. and acts like a airplane flap,, you can adjust them, to reflect at a lot of angles,,

ill post it here tomorrow,,,,and may throw it in the D.I.Y. thread,,

16. Nice man.

17. #157 chicken, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1