LETS BUILD A '' PARABOLIC HOOD ''

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by chicken, Dec 9, 2018.

1. simply for the best light reflectiveness..when you dont have heat issues and need a cool tube,, you cant go wrong with a parabolic hood,,this project started out with me just using a '' football stadium '' style hood, but after installing it, i noticed it hung down real low,,, and reflected its heat in concentrated area the bottom of the hood, so i knew this wasnt going to work,,, ive used BATWING style hoods and wanted something different and better,

allright. i think this can be done with any size hood,, the bigger the hood, the more of a '' umbrella'' your gonna have when you get it all toghter,...i started by cutting it proportianlly to resemble a GERMAN CROSS...and i had some reflective material i got from a convience store '' overhead lights'' they were replacing,i found these filled in the gaps from cutting the dome,,, and a little aluminum tape, in the small left over gaps had it sealed, AND A SIDE NOTE ; totally unexpected but damn bad-ass,,, the reflective square pieces,, with the mounting screws at the base, are adjustable '' like a airplane flap'' i can grab each one and adjust it accordinglly,,,

i added a layer of the reflective flaps around the outside,,, and really its limitless at how many different layers of. '' flaps'' you could lay making the hood bigger and wider with each pass.,

i have spent not one penny on this project,,, just shit i had laying around,,and the end product is i,mo, better than what any head-shop has for sale,

if you build one,,, lets see it....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I must say . This thing turned out better than I thought it would be. The flaps worked perfectly to spread the footprint of the light further than without it.

But I got a ELECTRIC Sky es300 coming. So in storage my hood goes.