Took 41 years, but here's my first grow...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by .Smoke, Jul 25, 2019.

1. #1 .Smoke, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    [***Sorry, I read this and had to put disclaimer.
    I'm one of those people who all my life I can touch a plant and its days are numbered. Only thing I ever successfully grew was an Aloe plant, only because I left it the duck alone...***

Hey all.
    Like title says this is my first grow.
    Sprouted 3 bag seeds from some decent smoke I got.
    No clue of the strain. Had no idea they would actually germinate so I was completely unprepared...

Started off in some Miricle Gro moisture control potting soil.
    Lights were 3 - 48" 80W basement lights I luckily had.

Moved into 17gal pots that are a 50/50 mixture of the Miricle Gro and Harvest Organics Natural and organic potting mix.

Did a heavy 90 deg LST in week 1 or 2 of veg. Overall length is 16", but they only stand 11" tall atm...

Vegged for 8 weeks under the florescents.

I got a 315W CMH light with the Phillips 3100k bulb 1 week ago.

Girls went into 12/12 3 nights ago.
    They live in a basement where flower room is 73 deg and 52RH constantly.

Scrog net is 48X48X68

Feed them all in one plant food of
    24-8-16 during veg.
    Changed to a 17-18-28 when put into 12/12.

Anywho,
    Will try to keep this updated. Dont have to many picks from the first month, but let me know what you think.
    ALL ADVICE IS WELCOME!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 GanjaToker19, Jul 25, 2019
    Hey everything looks fine except I would get sum nutes with a lower nitrogen and higher phosphorus and K for better results if you can afford it..the general hydroponics...on eBay is affordable you get 3 bottles for like 30..and will last you a good year...aslo I would give them some mollasos which Is cheap also 1tea spoon per gallon once a month or twice if you think they can handle it..keep an eye on em..you can use corn syrup aswell...with the mollasos make sure you get sulphur free...!!!!..the nutes u have are fine for veg..but for best results you'd want lower nitrogen and higher phosphorus.and K .3weeks be4 chopping you could burn some blocks of wood and use the ash for more K with the mollasos and wood ash you'll get good results also...hope this helps you out a bit...oh keep an eye for males and hermi...and your scrog setup is dope..best of luck budd

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah I tried my damnedest to find something higher in K locally (big box stores is all we have) , and this was the highest thing I could find in a pinch.
    No potash or anything available.
    Will get some new newts asap.

Thanks for the advice.

Do they look on track for what they've been through?

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 GanjaToker19, Jul 25, 2019
    Yeah they look ok to be honest I've seen a lot worse...the mollasos and wood ash will do the same thing to be honest and it's organic an cheap..lol..corn syrup also...but yeah your doing ok if there in 12/12 with in a week/1/2 ul see some pistils keep an eye out for male flowers or nannas...on your buds and internodes because your doing lst an topped I pressum which can stress an out...if you look at my post you see my outdoor plant got two nannas but thank God I cut em off n haven't seen anymore since..Ps..they explode with growth an stretch when in flower an almost double in size so your all good m8..

5. Quick question though,
    I looked up those nutes and was wondering how their Bloom nute that is 0-5-4 suppose to give me more K then my 17-18-28?

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 GanjaToker19, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Because it's less nitrogen you need for flowering the nitrogen is only needed in vegetative growth if you get enough in during veg ideally but sometimes it will look for nitrogen in flower it's really whatever the plant wants.in a perfect world ud get enough in to last the hole flower but not always the case.had to edit I left out critical info my bad....theres many different bloom nutes to choose from they all veary and you kinda need to cheak your local areas water charts to see if you need soft or hard water..hope this helps..!!!id say go with whatever nutes you have..if it's personal smoke

7. Congrats ya make it look like ya done it before

8. Thanks!
    Is very nice and reassuring to hear.

9. Holy cow I look back @ this now and think WTF???

A few things have changed to say the least. This is my current grow. Autos. 4wks into flower today...
    20191121_025622.jpg
    20191121_012925.jpg
    20191121_011456.jpg
    20191126_024616.jpg
    20191126_025400.jpg
    20191126_034507.jpg