Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Too wet

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sundipjhand, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Hi guys,
    i got some weed to smoke but i just started so i dont run through it that quickly. When i got it there was no problem, but it has turned wet on me. How do i stop this? Do i have to air it out or something???

Thanks guys :mad:

2. [quote name='"sundipjhand"']Hi guys,
    i got some weed to smoke but i just started so i dont run through it that quickly. When i got it there was no problem, but it has turned wet on me. How do i stop this? Do i have to air it out or something???

Thanks guys :mad:[/quote]

How did it get wet? If you bought it wet do not buy it again. You lose so much money like that.

But yes place it under a light to dry it out.

3. Get a sealed jar and put it in there. taking it out every few hours and letting it dry for a few more. thats how i do it when i get some wet bud. Im sure there are better ways but this works for me. Maybe use the search function to find a thread on it. :smoke:

4. How did it TURN wet? But yeah, just dry it out in a jar, it took me about a week for it to be potent again, you'll lose weight, but i think you'll get a good amount of potency back by recuring, but don't quick dry, give it a nice long drying out.

5. jeez, that was worth a LAUGH...dead buds do not gain potency with age and 're-curing'. Might get smoother and better tasting, but not more potent.

Just dry the bud out on a plate in a drawer, shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. :wave:

6. Thanks guys, so can weed become wet? because im sure it was fine when i got it, ive had it in a zip lock bag if that changes anything

Someone told me that weed can absorb moisture from stalks (there are a few) if given the time?

7. Yes weed can become too wet just let it sit out a day out of it's bag

8. Put it on a paper plate and put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.

9. I've never had weed that just randomly became moist....

Even leaving it sitting on a table not in a bag for a day.. it doesn't get moist..

I don't know how something like that would happen unless you stored your nugs next to orange peels or something along those lines.

10. No its been in a plastic bag for like a month, in a cool place though...im a newb though but its definatley wetter than when i got it??? maybe im smoking too much lol

11. You can use silica gel to absorb moisture. Some growers use it to help dry. It's the same stuff in those little packets you get with a new pair of shoes.

If your baggie was exposed to moisture (near or in a bathroom or kitchen, maybe) an wasn't properly sealed, it could have absorbed the moisture.

12. whatever you do, don't listen to this...

putting it under a Light will destroy your bud and then you WILL lose potency, why do you think they make opaque containers specifically for weed?

13. I could be wrong, but I think it actually does get more potent (depending how you like your bud) as it cures more THC breaks down and converts to CBN [or is it CBD?], either way it makes it into a more narcotic stone as it cures, which makes it feel stronger/more intense/or more "potent".
    Arjan from Greenhouse Seeds suggests curing everything for 4 months before smoking it to get proper or best end result.