Too Tall maybe to close together

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grampagrower, Apr 20, 2010.

1. :( I am a new grower third crop, growin some nirvana master kush, fruity juicy chronic,and Kali. I am growing in two systems indoors a DWC Bubbler and a Areoponic/NFT . My problem is they grow to tall to fast. I think the problem might be they are to close together. In the DWC they are in 3.75" net pots 4-5 inches apart and in the areo 2" net pots 6-7" apart. some back ground; Seeds started in paper towel popped in one day, placed in rapid rooters in prop dome for one week no nutes. Placed in bubble and areoponic for three weeks reached approx 19" Using canna Aqua series in one and Botanicare organic in other. Started 12/12 and flowering nutes at three weeks(19") should have started at 12" but would have only been 2 weeks old. been in 12/12 for 14 days now some small pistils forming but tallest girl is 32" and going fast.
    Am using a 400 watt HID/HPS on each with cooltube and super ventilation can put light as close as 3-4 inches off top without burn. Have beeen keeping at about 5-6 " from top of canopy. I am thinking that they are growing up tall because they cant grow out ,to close together, not due to lack of light or being to far from the light. The Kush is supposed to be a short bushy baby finishing at 30" but not for me, i will run out of height at 64" hope they make it before hitting the ceiling
    Need some help trying to learn how to do it right ,any comments or suggestions would be appreciated as i am sure some of you experienced growers have run in to this before.
    How can i keep em shorter without compromosing to much yeild or potentcy.

2. I had that same problem with the same strain only you have 400 HPS, I was using CFL's. I never got my plants to flower so I ripped them and took a vacation.

It sound's like you're going to have to top the plant or tie it done. That's all I can say about that. I've never topped or trained a plant.