Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Too strong for med use?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by floating_by, Jul 7, 2008.

1. I've tried some buds I picked up for my Crohn's. Works like a charm for the joint and muscle pains I have from the disease. Problem is, this stuff gets me really really high and very paranoid. I take one, maybe two small hits and I am freaking out. I used to smoke quite a bit back in the day, but I never felt this way back then after I smoked. It gets me wired for about 12 hours, gives me a rapid heartbeat, and I almost feel high the next day still. I used to smoke, feel elated, and then get sleepy. This is like speed and I don't like it at all. Is this something funny that I got? How would I know? Anyone experience something similar? I'm too freaked to try the stuff again. Makes MMJ laws look more and more necessary so at least you can be more assured of what you are getting and have some choice as to appropriate strains. Any thoughts? Should a high last 12+ hours even if its just pure MJ?

2. You obviously need something less potent as your tolerance seems to be pretty much zero. Try hitting a vaporizer if not.

3. Sativa dominant strains can make me panicky, so maybe try an indica if you aren't already.
    And just take it one hit at a time until you get a little bit more comfortable.

4. I second the indica notion. Sounds like you used to smoke stuff that got you stoned not high. I would try to get a nice afgan strain or something similar.

5. Not sure why your getting Paranoid, I get paranoid for one reason "oh shit I'm going to get caught" but you don't have this fear because whats your doing is legal, just my 2 cents

6. I don't live in a MMJ-approved U.S. state. Getting caught is a concern, although not the cause of my paranoia. :p

7. I know. It is ridiculous, I have no tolerance. But, I didn't touch the stuff for 12 years, so I guess that is to be expected. :eek:

8. Thanks. I have read up on the different strains. No choices for me in a non-MMJ state.
    I was just shocked at how long I was high from so little. So that's normal? This is not the schwag I used to get back in the day. Super stinky. I had to triple bag it, the smell kept coming out of the bags. Probably too strong to start with.

Tell me more about the vaporizers if you would...

do they "mellow" the high in some way??

Thanks. I feel like a "noob" even though I used to smoke a lot. :eek:

9. Well just try one hitters then for now, until you build a bit of tolerance :)

EDIT:

I got a 3g vaporwarez vape for 140 with a scale and grinder. The high from the vaporizer is a more clean high, and I guess you could call it more mellow. It is a high that I would prefer when I have something I need to do, doesn't give me the killer "couch-lock"

10. Hmmm... I wish I could get "couch lock." This shit has me pacing around like a mad man after I smoke it. I can't sit still. :(

11. Oh, I forgot that you had a likely strong sativa. I still feel that a vaporizer would help you out, as I find it to be a very relaxing high.

12. keep smoking and soon you'll adjust and build a "tolerance". Perhaps ask for a 'lighter smoke" something a little weaker, once you've smoked a few straight weeks you should be ready for the dank stuff again.

13. The danker the bud, the less you'll have to smoke of it, which means less smoke inhalation. I would buy the most potent indica the club has and just take 1 hit and wait 15 minutes or so. With a low tolerance, any bud from the clinics should be 1-hit-quit.

14. that doesn't sound right... 12 hours?

Maybe you're just in the wrong mental state, get something that you could handle and be comfortable with.

15. i would say its your tolerance and the weed i kno i had to get my tolerance up and then find a good weed before i stopped being paranoid... another thing might be because you need to get to kno your weed once i got comfortable with the effects of the strain the high became more enjoyable and as a result i would not focus on paranoia