too soon for miracle gro or not?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thegreysniper, Jul 7, 2012.

1. plants are about a 1-1 1/2 weeks old and doing pretty well,, would watering them with a very light mix of that blue miracle gro stuff help them along a bit? or would it just give them nute-burn? :confused_2:

2. I'd give it another half week to a week, I usually start nutes at 2 weeks into veg

Also may want to use something other than Miracle grow

3. It is always too soon for Miracle Grow :)

4. wait a week and if youre going to use miracle grow start it at 1/16th of the recommended dosage and work your way up from there. its notorious for burning plants

5. Choose a different medium

6. I agree, wait until they're well established into veg before using nutes. If you do use, go really light. 2 weeks into veg sounds about right.

I use the blue stuff too, the all purpose for veg. It works well. Once the plants are well established, I use the one tablespoon per a gallon and a half, and then on the next watering I flush. I used the tomato and the rose for flowering.

7. yea, everything im using in my grow is just what i have on hand (budget = zero),, heard that MG burns plants easy, im gonna start at one small small pinch of MG to a bottle of water and cross my fingers, if they do good ill move up to 2 pinches

8. Never a good tome for miracle grow. There are waaaay better options for the price or even cheaper. Don't do it.

9. There's nothing wrong with using miracle gro.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaajzN17P-0]Budmancam 4,Growthitation,buditation,CHECK OUT, MUST SEE "Budmamcam 1,2 & 3vids", BE COOL!- YouTube[/ame]

10. For every success story with miracle, there are 10 massive failures. Why not give you and your plants the best chance possible at success? Especially with many more suitable choices for same or less money.....it just doesnt make sense to me.

11. [quote name='"ShovaBlaster"']For every success story with miracle, there are 10 massive failures. Why not give you and your plants the best chance possible at success? Especially with many more suitable choices for same or less money.....it just doesnt make sense to me.[/quote]

I agree totally. Mg products are generally over priced crap sold to flower planting soccer Moms that don't know any better. There are many better options out there. You won't find experienced growers dumping their nutes to change to miracle grow and for good reason.

12. I am still using MG. This is first grow and mine are going pretty good. I have been shopping for something better for my second grow. What's cheaper than MG?

13. homemade organics?

14. Anything storebought? I figure MG is a good start for beginers. This is the "absolute beginer" section.

15. I was an absolute beginner not long ago, i successfully harvested my first bumper crop last month. When planning my grow, i only had to do about 5 minutes of research to permanently scratch anything with Miracle Grow off of list permanently.

A good cheap store bought option is the General Hydroponics Maxi series. I bought a $20 pouch of the Maxibloomand used it for the entire grow in a modified Lucas formula. That $20 pouch along with a little Cal/mg yielded 10 ounces off of a 600w light on my first try, and will last me 10-15 grows of the same size. Zero nutrient deficiencies or major issues for the entire grow.....lots of pics and details in my journal.

Id recommend the Maxibloom to any beginner as it was extremely easy, cost-efficient, and gave me a bountiful harvest some seriously dense, sticky nugs. :)

Attached Files:

16. Are those sold regular stores, internet, hydro stores?

I bought a large MG all purpose, and a small MG rose both for $15.00 and it will last me at least 3 years and that's with 20 X 30 Vegegtable garden also.

17. Found online and in hydro stores....GH is a very common and well known company that makes suitable ferts for cannabis. Its could be a long 3 years with that miracle grow.....why not just invest the equivalent of 2-3 grams of weed and buy food geared towards cannabis cultivation? That small investment will pay for itself hundred of times over (in yield, quality and ease of growth) during the 5 years that pouch of Maxibloom would last you.

A no-brainer IMHO.

18. I undersatnd where your coming from but alot of these "new" growers either can't afford this for a "new" hobby and or also they live in thier parents house where they can't have "fertilizer delivered by UPS. I know even me I am a little apprehensive about going to the local hydro store. Nobody wants to go through that "first" visit where your the new "dumbass" trying to grow weed for the first time. I think that's why these forums are so popular. it's so east to go to Walmart or Home Depot and pick up something cheap.

Enough of that. I think using MG all purpose sparingly and then full strength rose when flowering is a good start for all us "Newbs". Let us get one under our belt and then we can start spending some money. I am already building for my new grow. I am trying to figure out how much nutes are going to cost.

Please don't take my argument as hostile. Just an oldschool first grower looking for some collaboration.

Eyes getting heavy. Thanks Y'all

19. Cheap nutrients are readily available online. Jacks classic works decently, and $10 will buy enough for several grows. Gh Lucas formula can be had reasonable as well. If your an adult, growing pot a ups delivery shouldn't be a problem. Kids hiding grows from the parents is a bad idea all the way around.

Buy whatever you want. You will see eventually why the people against mg products have the opinion that they do.

20. No one should be growing in their parent's house without their parents' knowledge and permission as it shows a complete lack of respect for the people that raised them, made sacrifices for them, and who put a roof over their head and food on the table. Im my mind, "old-school" means doing things properly....ie. get a job, save, get your own place and then grow your own weed.