Too much TV???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ganjamen, Apr 19, 2006.

1. hey, this is my first "serious" grow: have about 20 plants under 4 40 watts fluoros. DOing pretty good: Still everywhere i read i find out that almos no one uses that small amount of light for so many plants. I have them in some black soil, feed them water with little amount of nutes to keep them below the burning range...
    Now, i know im not going to have huge amounts of bud for plant, im going for the massiveness of the crop.
    so my main concern is this: Will a lot of plants match up against in 2 or 3 plants under perfect conditions in amount of yield??? Also know not to expect some cannabis cup bud type crop, im mainly tryng to avoid buying shit off the streets.

Hope i made sense and have useful input. Btw, ive read a lot, just this is the setup i got, no point in wasting it for not being state of the art....

I think it might work, what say u???

2. So if I understand your question: for the amount of yield you could get from 2-3 plants grown under ideal conditions with all the bells and whistles and by the most experienced grower, could an inexperienced grower yield the same volume without working to maxx out each plant if he planted enough plants?

Well, sure. At some point there is a number of plants that will equal that yield, but no one here can tell you what that number is -- depends on genetics and the kinds of resources and conditions you provide. And bowl for bowl you may not match the quality that way. But if you're just looking to keep a smile on your face, it will work.

Keep in mind, though, that tending to more plants can add up to just as much if not more work, higher electric bills, and potentially more difficult stealth and more risk.

3. In my opinion, your 20 plants being lit inefficiently like you are doing it will yield the same amount as 3-4 plants being lit efficiently. Your way you are doing 4x the amount of work for the same end result. Personally, I would rather grow 3-4 kick-ass plants than 20 half assed plants.

4. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    still, considering the fact that im pretty much stuck with my 4 ft fluoros i dont like the idea of growing only 4 plants under that big area of light. I would very much like to get a HPS 100 watt system to keep lumens up but electric bill down. Anyways, thanks ofr the input, ill be posting a new thread cause my worst fear just became a reality​

5. Better cared for bud sells for alot more and is way more potent, its not just about yeild.

6. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    ime not planing on selling, my planning on not buying anymore, so, my first concern is to get the most yield posible in a steady basis. Then i will get concerned bout getting lots of good weed, for now, just lots of weed. In mexico anyways skunk isnt so easy to come around, so im guessing my ineficently planed system will do better weed than the outdoors not taken care weed we mainly smoke around. Ive been smokeing for 10 years, and plan on it for a while, got time, but want the best results posible from the get go.​

7. Those fluro's will growq 4 plants IF your lucky. It will probably only be strong enough to flower 2 plants max. I'd grab atleast a 150w hps system, even then you'll only be able to grow 2-4 plants max underneath it.