Too Much To Ask..?

Discussion in 'General' started by whatamidoing5294, Apr 22, 2014.

1. So long story short, when I moved to this new school I met a girl. We are both seniors and even dated for a month. We are great friends, seeing as she tells me all the time that she tells me more and I'm a better friend than he best friend. She tells me everything.
    Now here's the question, she has severe depression and self harms. I've tried to help so much, but to no avail. She keeps mentioning seeing someone, doctor wise. In the mean time would it be too much I guess, to ask her to smoke? It helps my depression and I forget all about my self harm.
    She is against drugs and I remember her saying she wouldn't be friends with anyone who does drugs. But then we went out, and became best friends. I've been high infront of her and she doesn't care if I talk about it. She's even compared self harm to me smoking, saying why should she care what i do when she's hurting herself just the same. So I'd talk about how it's so much better.

I don't wanna do this to be like "bro I got her to smoke" or to get laid or shit, simply to see if it'll help.

Good idea? No ?
    If yes how should I go about it, not offending or hurting her.

- Maturity is the decision to be mature when needed. Not being grouchy when the time to enjoy life is present.

2. Change the grade to 9th and you have me lol. Yes you should try to convince her to smoke. To be completely honest, I truly think it's the only that kept me sane/alive in my household. Then again both of my parents were drug addicts and alcoholic so weed was something that I've been exposed to for years.
    You should start by explaining to her that you just want to help her and you don't want to see her depressed anymore. This is something that will help a little with depression and to take her mind off of bad situations. Explain how it helps you and that they even have strains that are targeted towards helping depression and anxiety. Most importantly, remind her that she's not alone and this has been the relief of not just my depression or yours, but weed has helped a lot of other people with it.
    Let me know what you decide and how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Haha. I see the 9th grade part, but from my understanding she's been like this since then.

I've already explained the I wanna see her happy part, and I keep doing so, just doesn't get through .

- Maturity is the decision to be mature when needed. Not being grouchy when the time to enjoy life is present.

4. If she is against pot you shouldn't try and persuade her. The best you can do is be there to listen and relate.

If you want her to smoke because it helps, tell her how it helps you. Exactly. Tell her how you feel before and after.

She will decide for herself and added pressure will not help.

5. If she's scared to try smoking itself, you could always give her an edible. That might make her more open to the idea.
    This reminds me of when I had to convince my Grammy to smoke because she's extremely ill. I told her how it would help with most of her symptoms and explained everything. After that she finally wanted to try it and it's helped a lot with her eating, sleeping, and pain. She's also a lot happier now in general and tends to have a better outlook on life sometimes. Recently she's had a lot more bad days which is very sad but atleast I've helped her with some of her health problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum