too much neem oil on leaves??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Samsohn, Sep 10, 2012.

1. hey ya'll,
    currently working on a grow where I had to spray a little neem oil last week - i think it's had an effect on the leaves - let me know if you think this damage is from an overconcentrated spray of neem or perhaps something else
    ...i haven't sprayed any neem since, because a top layer of sand and the oil combined to kill my fungus gnats that were bothering my babies
    ...but i am a lil worried about the discoloration
    ...my pics are in my grow-journal - for some reason i can't upload the same ones to this threat too

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1076351-2nd-grow-small-closet-250w-mh-hps-conv.html

cheers

2. yes. follow dilution ratio's closely... 1 tablespoon organic neem oil per gallon is high

3. Neem oil has it's own distinct flavor, a flavor for only the most experienced growers...lol
    better to follow the dosage closely...lol

"V"

4. Yah - the neem oil really wasn't the best idea lol - at least it was a learning experience...
    What did end up working incredibly was layering the top of my soil with some sand - for the past week I've haze ZERO gnats in my grow room