Too much lighting Or nutrients? Help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Jaysegalla, Oct 3, 2016.

1. image.jpeg Okay I'm a bit new to this, this is my first grow and I've done a lot of research & have a few questions for the forum today.

First,
    For my setup:
    4x4 grow space
    Carbon filter exhaust
    1 in garden fan
    4 plants (1st week of veg)
    1 gallon pots (FFOF)
    As far as nutrients I haven't been adding anything I got some Bonide Root & grow (4-10-3) I have been using since start of veg mixed w distilled water
    250w CFL w hood reflector (6500k)
    And two 300w Mars hydro LED grow lights

Now for the pictures .. I'm honestly clueless what this could be.. I am no botanist but I'm pretty sure the nodes shouldn't be sprouting so unevenly like this.. And as far as the discoloration maybe a nutrient deficiency?
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Am I using too much lighting?
    Watering w distilled water bad?
    Too early for Root stimulator? Ratio for water?
    What type of defiencies?

2. I'd definitely ease up on the light, you could probably just use one of those lights...or raise them way up. Also, I'd just use plain tap water. Nothing else. FFOF might be too much nutrients to begin with but it's too late now. Just stop adding extra nutes and raise the lights and you might be fine.

3. Yeah Im definitely gonna ease up on the nutes.. When I transplanted from rapid rooter plug to FFOF in gallon pots I was using a lot of the root simulator. Maybe that's the reason for the discoloration thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cool...and don't just ease up on the nutes, totally stop giving them nutes till maybe a month from now or whenever they show that they need them. That'd be my tact anyway.

5. edit see it was ffof, yeah it def didn't need to be fed for nearly 3 weks in ffof.