Too much lighting 5x2 with 1400 watts of led?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by LeDuderino, May 3, 2017.

1. Also i was wondering what possible yield i could get with 1 shark shock cbd 5 gallon and 1 auto northern lights 3 gallon and 1 more NL in a 5 gallon

2. 5x2x200 or 5x2x1337 Vertical grow! If I had to "guess" based on that, 1lb be max. I think its a lot more lighting then you need but up to you.

3. yea that sounds nice i had more room about 5x5 but it had a resize and anyway i already had the lights so screw it the plants seem good so far so good there a week old from seed now and they all have purple or reddish stems

4. purple or redish stems dont mean its doin well

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yep. You either been watering too much for have cal/mag issue imo. And hope you don't start them under that. But if you do crank that thing super high in the air and keep it there.

6. First off what 1400w led? And is it a true 1400w of led? because you'll only need 500w for a 5x2

7. I'm all for light, but that's quite a bit more than you would need to flower off 2 plants. I'm sure you would get a killer yield by using that much light though. The more the better. But you usually run into heat issues the more light you put into a confined space....even LEDs. If you're only doing 2, could probably use one vertically and one horizontally and really bush them out all the way to the stalk. TWW

8. I run about 500 watts of mostly high quality COBs and some white/red discrete Cree panels in same size area and don't need or want more. 140 watts/sq ft is a little excessive if the light system is the least bit efficient.

• Like Like x 1
  9. no its about 520 true watts

10. what brand is it and what diodes are they using (3 or 5 watt)? but it should work you just gotta watch the heat because is still 500w of heat

11. no the heats fine and my plants are aboot 3 weeks in from seed and they're 5 watts stacked on another 5 watt and say there 10 watts