Too hot?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xmascookies, Nov 25, 2016.

1. I started a seed about 10 days ago and as of yesterday it started to curl a bit on the ends. Is this normal? It is a bag seed but looks like it could be sativa (I've only grown an indica/hybrid. Never seen a sativa in my life)
    I'm using a 65w florescent grow light over it. My other seedling (about 5 days) is doing fine. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2. How come you have the one light way higher than the other one? You have to keep them CFL's between one and a half to 3 inches at the Most or they lose penetration. What's your medium? Do you have enough drainage holes in the bottom of them cups? They look pretty good to me I would lower the light on the left plant.
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thanks! They're different wattages and I'm afraid of burning the bigger one (higher wattage) I'm getting a 300w LED in the next two days so all should be well. A mix of homemade compost, dirt and a few cups of perlite. Drainage is well. I was just worried, thanks again.

4. You dont have enough light thats your issue

5. Your lighting is fine for seedlings...don't listen to the quick generic answers SOME people leave. Although you are at the point now that you'll want a stronger light at least on the way. I'm more concerned with the curling of the edges of the leaves, not the ends. The ends could just mean too much water. You're showing more signs of heat stress than not enough light. What are your temps and relative humidity? Also, you want a small fan blowing just above the top/canopy of your plant. Hope this helps good luck!

Sent from Los' Santos

6. Yeah man, I just ordered a marshydro 300watt LED, when I grew outside this summer my plant started looking like this in peak temps. It did get worse over the past 5 hours, I'm going to mist it down and put it in darkness for a few hours. I don't have a temp reader for them yet, my flowering plant is using it. I'm assuming too hot lol

• Like Like x 1