Too Hot To Handle !!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shale, May 21, 2009.

1. ventilation??? I am setting up a grow room in a hot climate. My concern is pumping out the house's AC cool air in an attempt to ventilate the grow room. Is this a legitimate concern?

2. dont, know exactly the question, lol. But i rerouted my a/c to dump into a closet instead of the room, i use the vent fan and a/c to cool. i have a fan to circulate the air. the vent dumps an entire rooms worth of air into a 2x5 closet. temps stay the same as the rest of the hous ein there

3. Depends, depends, depends. What size grow room? What size house? How many vents to the grow area? How hot? You've asked a general question in a condition-specific topic, only you can figure it out champ.

4. Thanks for the response. The room is roughly 5 X 5 with no existing air vents, the house is 1800 Sq ft. I had originally planned to get an MH/HPS 400w with a cool tube and vent the light into the attic. After considering the amount of air being pushed through lamp into the attic,with a 4" inline fan at a rate of @ 150 CFM, the thought of trying to keep the house cool seems expensive.
    Does venting the air back into the house make any sense?

5. yes, if you can run it through an inline carbon filter to take down the smell, like before i dump into the closet and let it run out the bottrom of the door. this keeps the room temp the same as the house, the room is a bit warmer, because of the restricted airflow in it. now smell, my dog dont care, but if you do it my way, your whole house will smell o weed if no carbon filter.

6. You can, but it will warm up whatever area it vents to, and that should be a different area from where the intake draws from.