Too hot to grow, fertilizer help?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Buddman93, Apr 28, 2009.

1. I live in New Jersey, and its been averaging 90 degrees for the last week. Im growing outside (obviously) and is this high temperature bad for my marijuana plants? They are about two weeks old, and for right now they are still in little cups in my tree house. I am going to plant them outside in maybe a few weeks. Also, they seem a little thin. Their stems are about 3 inches tall with only one cluster of leaves. Is this normal or a result of the hot wheather?

Another question, I am going to grow sort of near a stream. The soil is pretty fertile and kinda moist. I am going to bring in some top soil and also add a bunch of rocks on the bottom of the hole. Should I add lime as a general rule, or is it not necessary. Im not going to buy a test kit or whatever, i just want to know as a general rule of thumb.

Also, I am growing seeds out of a bag of pot i smoked a while ago, and they seem to be groing well. How long should they grow before harvest and how much should i get?

I estimate about 3-4 months and an oz from each plant, but like I said, its just seeds out of a bag, and I dont know the strain.

2. Regularly reaches 90+ where my plants are. They just love the sun!!

3. 90 degrees in New Jersey in April? dang!