Too Early to start flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Alchemadian, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Hi. I have these four plants that are 20 days old. I was thinking about starting to flower them in 2-3 days when the soil dries next. Thought maybe too early still. Keep in mind I am trying to keep these plants small.

On a side note I have one plants with a discoloration on one of its' leaves. It almost looks like gold spraypaint and is only on one leaf.

I have not used any nutes other than some superthrive about 10 days ago and the dosage was VERY diluted, so I doubt it has to do with that.

The pH of the soil is a steady 6.5.

Lighting I use 6 23w 6500k cfl and are are placed far enough away to not be causing burn.

I also have circulation fan plus 2 intake and 3 exhaust fans.
    (this is all inside a dresser).

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Are the seeds bag seed? Or feminized? If your just trying to weed out the males id give them a few more days... it looks like they're only one their 4th node maybe 5th... I've always been taught 6th to 7th node is earliest to flip to 12/12.

3. The gold spray paint, as well as the slightly deformed leaves are likely caused by nutrient deficiency, Phosphorus in particular. They need food.

They are just big enough to start flowering but you should still feed them and let them recover first.

4. That makes sense since I have not fed them yet (minus the superthrive) and used organic soil.
    I just watered them 3 days ago and the soil is still moist. Should I wait till it is watering time again to start food? Or add a smaller amount of water/food now?

Thanks for the help.

5. Wait until they need water and then give them a good full strength feeding. Overwatering would just be another setback.

6. they look pretty good other wise. Is that grow medium pure organic soil and not mixed with anything else?

7. I used Fox Farms Regular Soil not the Ocean stuff they also carry.

I did add Superthrive during the 2nd week of the plants life. I only added it once and probably won't again.