Too cold?? Or something else?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BNZIP, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Hi everyone!

We got a new set up going and it has really stressed out our plants in the time that we’ve had to adjust and work out the new environment. We were using a kingled 2000w but then decided to upgrade to 6 qb96’s. These lights still put off much more heat than we had planned which means the plants had a few days of heat stress while we were figuring out what to do. We did immediate out them into flower so they wouldn’t have to be in the heat for 24 hours. 12/12 was much more manageable (until now). The babies eventually perked back up after we ran a hose on a temp switch from outside in and continued pulling out the hot air. It keeps the plants around 72-75F when the lights are on. This system shuts off when the lights shut off. However, even though though the fan is not pushing in air, it still flows in a bit. So now the tent is getting down to about 62ish at night during the dark hours.

Could the 12 hours of cold be causing these plants to look sad? Do you think it’s something else? The qb’s are approx 27in above the canopy and are running at 185w.

I do not think this is from under watering or overwatering which the symptoms show. We are pretty good at watering on schedule and based on feel.

CE78D978-CCAF-4E2E-968D-2D04ED129808.jpeg 3D174E51-CE13-470E-B13B-A7F6D90F346E.jpeg 57095E37-6CB6-4895-B981-7F1F0374789C.jpeg

2. What strain are they ?

3. Half Atomic by bomb seeds and the other half is lemon haze!

4. Could be pheno related I can't see 62 been a problem I run my temps down to 10-12 c when lights off to get the plant to express fall colours and its never beared a problem once I think if you was down to 1-8 c then phos uptake slows down if soil is below 8c both strains should be able to stand your temps my shot is pheno but I could be wrong

5. What is pheno?? And how do I fix it?

6. Both of your strains are hybrids so phenos are different phenotypes of that 1 strain for example your lemon haze is silver haze x lemon skunk that can alone cause different ratios of the two plants crossed can be so many traits from both strains you can't do anything about phenotypes I'm afraid

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I agree with Progrouk on different phenotypes acting differently, but no one has mentioned humidity only temps atm.

So my 2 SuperSkunks have 2 different phenotypes and one of them when the humidity is around 46 and below makes my leave's droop. It looks like their thirsty but it is the lower humidity that does it to mine thats if your asking about the drooping leaf look on your plant.

Low humidity will cause droopy looking leave's.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bang on point bro I seen a few curling up leaves like tacos on a thread about a year ago and I suggested pheno cause because the op said rh and temps and pH was dialed in you would think I was talking Chinese but sometimes ignorance is Bliss :D

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. So I should raise the humidity? I have to find a new humidity thing somewhere around my house to check it.. there was one in that tent less than a week ago and it went missing. It was steady around 40% humidity. I’ll remeasure to check, but if it is at 40% should I raise it?

10. Sorry bud but i dont grow indoors only outdoors so im not qualified. Lol..

So just ask the indoor guys and they will help you get it all sorted buddy. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. 40-60 is ok aim for 40 when buds are starting to form substance and when you get more experienced in flower bring that RH down to 30s and you will be amazed of the colours and density of your buds.

12. So if the drooping is from pheno do I need to worry that it is not going to make it through the end like this? I’ll obviously try to get the humidity right for them, but if it’s not going to make them both happy do I need to be concerned or will the drooping be ok?

13. They will make it there pretty tough plants & the plants dont look to sad to me, I've seen worse on my outdoor ones.

Just get the humidity in the right zone when you can & if they still dont perk up its just the phenotype being a pain in the arse. Dont worry they are very healthy looking buddy.

Ps, Phenotype mean's Characteristics..

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. ph and overwatering/underwatering water more frequently keeping soil moist and not wet or too dry! when you let it go dry and then water you get those symptoms and when you over water you get the same

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

15. 97B9892B-D138-486D-8AA6-1A27E2E020F5.jpeg 43612080-9B34-4A1A-9027-DCDC0A033002.jpeg Do you know what this could be? There’s a few leaves on each plant like this. I just went and cut them all off so I can see if it’s from precious issues or still happening.

16. where did you find then on the plant pal? if they were near the bottom i wouldnt worry it happens for a few reasons but its not bad. the bottom leaves are old and lack light. if you keep getting them it could be a lack of nutrients but make sure you test your run off before giving them more nutrients it could be a lock out from having to much salt build up in your soil or whatever. i think leaves that lack pk look like those

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk