Too close for comfort...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by VivaLaVega, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last night my parents decided to ground me for catching me with weed and told me i had to pass 4 drug test over the next 2 months to not be grounded anymore. I already smoked earlier that day so I figured "why not smoke one last time?"

I snuck out of my house at around 12:30 and my friends picked me up. We went to this party and as soon as we got there lit up a joint and started smoking. At like 3:30 everyone was starting to crash so I asked the friend that drove me to drive me back home but he didnt want to. So he said I could drive his car and he could pick it up tmw.

I didnt have anything on me, just a lighter and some eye drops. So i get in his pickup and try to turn the car on, but his keys were like stuck or something... or maybe I was just way too high idk. But while I was doing that, I had my foot on the brakes so the brake lights were on. A cop turned the corner and saw my brake lights and put his lights on and pulled up behind me.

Lol I read some shit on how to "flex my rights" earlier that day but as soon as I saw the red and blue lights I forgot everything. He told me to get out of the car and started askin me what i was doing. I didnt have anything on me but i reaked of weed. The guy was a fucking dick! He kept saying I was messing my story up, but I was telling the truth and had no reason to lie. He asked me the last time I smoked or drank and I said I dont... He was like "whatever kid, now come over here behind the vehicle" then he searched me (without asking) and found the eye drops and immediately knew I was high. Then he searched my friends car and questioned me again. He then went up to the house and asked for my friend. Thankfully we had the same story so he believed us. So he finally let us go and made my friend drive me home.

I felt like a fuckin pussy cuz i didnt know what to say... Luckily though I was clean and he let us leave....
    Any advice on what to do in the future?

2. Advive for the future: Don't leave your house at 12:30 AM with dumbasses who won't want to drive you home. Other than that, nothing you could really do, just bad luck that a cop drove by right as you were leaving I guess.

3. Yo, only advice. Don't hang out with retards. Seriously.

4. :laughing:

5. My only advice is, never talk to the cops

it can never help, even if you're being honest

unless of course you're talking to them because of an emergency :)

6. I'm sure he violated one of your rights but you agreed to it...I'm not positive where are these weed lawyers in here haha.

7. yeah idk dude. he prolly did

8. haha i remember i got pulled over and didnt say shit he asked to see my license and tried to question me and i sat there . it was sooo funny he was so pissed . i have the RIGHT to remain silent :)

9. Dude, to turn the car on you prolly had to turn the steering wheel a bit then the key will go. Had this happen once high, and it took me forever to figure out why the key wont turn lol. p.s. don't be sneaking out at 12.30 in the morn lol. My grama once told me nothing good happens after midnight lol

10. :hello: this is 100% sounding like my grandma!

And he could do a simple pat down for weapons, but that's it. He wasn't allowed to search the vehicle unless you gave him permission or did something wrong... but you did neither, right?

In any case, there's really nothing you can do about it. Listen to the poster above.

11. Its not like I sneak out all the time. I just did it this one time cuz it was gonna be the last time I would smoke for awhile...
    And I didnt get caught sneaking out... I was leaving when he stopped me.

12. Thank pete I'm not the only one who caught that, lol.

Sorry OP... You have to be 18 to post here. Mommy and daddy can't ground you if you're 18. They can kick your ass out, but seriously - who gets grounded as an adult?

That is a flat out lie! ALL the BEST parties happen after midnight :devious:

13. Best possible solution:

Move out of your parents house.

14. The drug tests are easy to pass, so no worries. My parents found a jar of chron, a scale, a bong, a bub, a handle of grey goose, and my lockbox and now i have 3 drug tests a week cuz of rehab ( for pot hahahahha) but i still smoke dailly, just cheat your tests. You should have just said "sorry officer,I hit my brakes, is that against the law or something? But its a nice night out, isnt it" and got out and locked the car and walked back inside. but your friend is kinda dick for that, i have been in those same situations but instead had to walk home.

15. Why is it so unbelieveable that your parents can ground you at 18? I dont understand... This is my new account and im still as 18 as i was on the other one... my birthday was in december. I posted a thread about buyin a new pipe, how could i have done that without being 18? The only reason i was aloud to leave the night the cop stopped me in this thread is because I'm 18 and if i was 17 i would have been taken home by the cop and he woulda talked to my parents... I for one dont really like sleeping under highways and thats what would happen if i didnt follow my parents rules... Their house their rules... Im goin to college after this year so i wont have to worry about that long...

Oh well this account is probably going to get banned too...

16. He does, obviously. Be nice to the poor kid. :(

17. This thread makes me shake.

18. ...ahhhhhhh..... lmfao..... all i gotta say some funny shit

19. If you think your rights are being violated, just ask the cop for his badge number, and write it down. I've found that this catches them off guard and generally puts an end to most hassling. Don't threaten them or anything, just get the badge number. They know if they're breaking the rules, and if they think you know too, they're a lot less likely to hassle you. If they think they may lose their job, they're a lot less likely to give you a hard time.

20. Mhmm he doesnt have to ask to search.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.