too bushy and short

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nicorico, Nov 25, 2011.

1. [quote name='"nicorico"']any other opinions om my plants people?[/quote]

Transplant it! How else do I say it?

2. It's because of the ballast.

3. is that kinda like an air pot?

4. It is a pot made out of fabric that "airs out" the root mass and allows the roots to breath, as well as air pruning, increasing the mass of the root ball. Im not sure what an air pot is but I saw something at a hydro shop where a pot was made out of plastic and it had these protruding holes coming out from the sides, it still air prunes yet the pot is rigid so it does not mess with the root mass as much as a smart pot would and at the bottom the plastic had a spiral pattern so that the roots would not creep back up and be root bound, very neat stuff, never caught the name, but will probably be buying those instead of smart pots if I can find 5 and 7 gallons.

5. i have long sheet s of that plastic your tlaking about, my parents used to own a plant nursery so theres all kinds of neat shit in they're shed, i could roll it up and use something to pin it, and make a bottom, sound cool i wanna try

6. and those plants are killer man, i really dont see the problem at all, and like everyones sayin once you flip them to 12/12 thell even out with the stretch, remember they can get upto 3X the size after flower. looks to me like a baddass harvest is coming to somoneeeeee :)

7. thats great news its just my first one so just being over paranoid! ha...fingers crossed anyway

8. naw ive got a few under my belt and although mine much smaller if i could do what you are, id prolly do it so that shit looks good to me , you said 600w hps right? one or 2?

9. yep got 2 on.....i switched to 12/12 yesterday so see what happens...

10. nice, i wish i could run 2 600's i suspect unless you royally fuck someting up youll have a really nice yeild

11. how many oz per plant u reckon?

12. Always set your standards low so you are never disappointed. At the least 2 ounces if you dont harvest early.

13. yeah its all exciting stuff..can i still do cuttings from it even though ive switched it?

14. Yes, I actually cut a small cuttin from my sativa and am reverting it back to veg (Way to small to think about flowering). Mine took about half a month to root (probably cause it was in the attic with 40 degree temps at night) and it will take even longer to revert back, just realize the amount of time it will take. Its the first clone I've ever had though so im taking good care of it. If you take a cutting and just let it flower you will not only slow growth on that particular cutting (as opposed to leaving it on the plant) but you will yield less than that particular cola than if it was on the plant. I've tried, doesn't work.

15. if there strong into flower itll take a minute to revert back to veg but you deffinately still can, the sooner the better

16. cool im gonna take 15/20 today

17. Whoa now, dont kill your plant! lol

18. oh i got a few so it will be cool

19. too bushy and short ?

Thats what my EX said

20. haha^ and yeah nico 15-20 might be enough to stress her out pretty bad, ive heard a good rule of thumb is to take one for every 5 you want, pick the best ones and ull uasually end up with 4 or 5 nice strong clones