Too Big or Not Too Big?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by suspect, Jul 15, 2007.

1. is this plant too big to put outside or what?
    its exactly 3 feet tall and about 2 feet wide.
    its not a clone, its a plant from a seed.

Attached Files:

2. A plant is never "to big" to go outside, the sun is the worlds biggest natural light source, there is no bulb brighter or bigger then it, so its basicly like putting a plant under a larger light, the only thing you have to worry about is haveing a good spot to hide a plant of that size straight off the bat.
    Good luck with the grow, the plant looks good.

3. thanx, I do have an awesome plot,
    believe it or not its on government property,
    and ive done it there three years in a row with no problems so far
    i have 15 plants this sizeand they are takin up so much space in my garden
    thats why i wanna put em outside

Theyve been in 12/12 for two days now, do you think that will shock em when
    they go back into veg for a month outside?//

4. If its only been a couple days i dont see the harm in that, get them out or change the lighting back to a suficent number to be considered vegitation as soon as possable though, as long as no real bud sites have started foruming with the popcorn buds, or better yet flowering at the nodes, you should be good.

5. they do already have the first sign of bud on them,
    but they did before i even put them into bud i think they're ruderilis cause ive grown them in the past
    and they auto-flowered on me.
    whats the worst that could happen, they keep budding and finish a little early, im good wit that.
    will take some pics tonight after i get em out so youll
    prolly see them tomorrow! PEACE!:cool:

6. Just one thing to worry about that I've seen other people mention in here, although I have no first hand knowledge of it. You should be careful about moving it from artificial lights to full time direct sun. Instead putting the plant outside for maybe an hour or two on a nice sunny day, for a few days, to let it build up some protection against the best light in the world would be good ;)

7. If it is trulley an autoflowering hybrid then the light timing wont effect it, so you dont have anything to worry about. But if it was a normal plant and did go back to veg you would be leaning much towards the hermi or male side of things once it does flower again becuase of the stress (this is all depending on how long it was in flower before you put it out)
    As to the post about getting your plants used to the sun, your plants are old enough now that they can handle it just fine trust me. This is generaly used for plants that were under fluros for most of their life and are going outside, not plants that are inches away from a HID and 3+ feet tall.

8. Ok then. Just making sure he didn't hurt his precious plants. Good to know :)

9. ok then sounds like im goin to put em out for sure,
    discussed it wit my partner and he feels the same way so.....
    we'll see how it goes

10. Best wishes to you and your partner bro, i hope it turns out as good as the pictures look so far!

11. ill try to get a petter pic tomorrow,
    but the depth of green looks awesome against the other vegetation
    dont ya think?
    what are your thoughts about me puttin them directly in the ground,
    it cant be toxic or there wouldnt be anything else around right?

Attached Files: