Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tommy Chong Says He's 'Cancer-Free'

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Storm Crow, May 11, 2013.

1. Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies

Tommy Chong has beaten prostate cancer, the comedian announced in a post on CelebStoner earlier this week.
    He credited his care under a doctor in Victoria, BC, who Chong said changed his diet and gave him supplements. Chong said he treated his cancer with “hash oil” and a session with healer Adam Dreamhealer.
    “That's right, I kicked cancer's ass!” Chong wrote. “So the magic plant does cure cancer with the right diet and supplements. I'm due for another blood test, MRI, etc., but I feel the best I've felt in years. And now for a celebration joint of the finest Kush...”

In June 2012, Chong revealed he had cancer, and said he was using cannabis to treat it. In an interview with CNN, he said legalizing marijuana “means a lot more to me than just being able to smoke a joint without being arrested.”
    Chong rose to fame in the early 1970s with Richard “Cheech” Marin as the stoner-comedy duo Cheech and Chong. From 1971-85 the pair released eight albums, winning the comedy recording grammy for 1973's Los Cochinos. Three of their albums hit the top 10. In addition to their recordings, Cheech and Chong co-wrote and starred in eight films, including their 1978 debut, Up in Smoke.

Granny :wave:

2. I hope he really did beat, I remember listening to an interview with him last year. He was talking about the cannabis oils he was using got him Superrrrr high.

3. Fuck yeah Tommy Chong! Chong On!

4. #4 Storm Crow, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
    When Tommy Chong announced that he was going to treat his cancer with cannabis, the comments were often scoffing about the healing abilities of cannabis! I wonder what those scoffers are thinking now that Tommy has announced his being cancer-free?

Guys, this is the first time a "name" has been treated publicly with RSO AND announced its effectiveness! (Here at GC, we all have read- http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-...359-tumors-really-shrinking.html#post16220325 , so we already know about this. )

Tommy's remission may be just what is needed to get federally legalized medical cannabis for all of us! Americans usually pay more attention to the latest exploits of entertainers than they do their politicians! And Tommy certainly has name recognition! :cool:

And, yes, Tommy is still considered a bit a of joke for the stoner stereotype that he and Cheech created. But now the joke is over, and he will (hopefully) deliver his message loud and clear for all of America to hear!

Granny :wave:

5. Fuckin' fantastic! We need this news to spread like wildfire.

6. I remember reading a while back he said the oil was bs. He thought maybe the cotton mouth made you drink more water and water has amazing healing properties.

7. You take that back!!! Nah jk who knows. Regardless he's a famous guy who got cancer, and beat it without modern medicine (Right? He just used oil?). That's gonna look good for marijuana regardless, considering uninformed people would be expecting us marijuana "users/addicts" to be dropping like flies from something like cancer.

8. might i just say

FUCK YEAH!

9. Wile we are always happy when someone is free of cancer, I, as a cancer survivor have to suggest that if anyone gets sick always go for full chemo, radiation, and whatever else. These treatments have lots of bad side effects but they are extremely effective. My constant cough from lymph nodes disappeared two weeks after one of many chemo sessions.

I don't know if Cannabidol shrinks tumors. It is possible it does. Many aspects of how it works can help, especially low blood sugar. Tumors feed on sugar in blood. So not eating anything with carbs an help or definitely slow the growth. I am sure there are good less researched efts as well.

There are probably as many types of tumor as there are Cannabis strains, some may respond, some wont. Just don't make the mistake many have made and try to cure it holistically or alternatively only. Definitely avoid weird traditional Chinese medicine. It can damage the liver AND counter act chemotherapy.

Wish everybody lots of health