tomatoes?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by d2063614, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ok this probably isnt the place to put this but iv been growing tomato plant inside for about a week or 2 now... they have just sprouted maybe 3-4 days ago... there about 1 1/2 average height but most of the stems are going purple!!? im growing tomatoes for practice :D im still in my parents house and i was wondering if my plants are deing or somthing? i sprouted them from dirt in a window sill now there downstairs in my furnace room with 2 grow lights. should i be giving them nutes yet and if i am then what?

2. If the stems are purple but, the leaves on the plant are nice and green with no visible defects, than it is a strain characteristic that is quite common in fact.

3. there "red cherry large" and most of the stems are purple and on one of my tallest plants the underside of my 2 leaves are purple? i guess il see how it works out and get my mom to go buy some nutes :D its kind of exiting i keep looking into the room and measuring them :p right now i have them on a 24/0 light cycle. il put them on 16/8 once i put a timer in because my dad hard wired the lights in so i have to put a plug inbetween the lights and the switch.

4. its probably the temperature.
    It could also be the genetics

5. My temp is pretty high il go get a therm and reply

6. The temp is at about 76f. Or 25c. But if the furnace goes on it gets abut hotter around 80 f / 26c