Tomato growth in different systems

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by miloc, May 26, 2016.

1. I am an architecture student, currently working on my master thesis on topic of urban farming. I am not doing a research on tomato production in order to determine what system would be the best and give the best results in city(closed) environment. I would like to compare soil,hydroponic and aeroponics system. So far i found the data for soil and hydro while the informations for aeroponics are hard to find so i would need your help. So far i was able to calculate: soil: tomato yield of 6kg per plant 69tonnes/Ha and around 11000 plants/Ha hydroponics: tomato yield 25kg per plant 585tonnes/Ha and around 22000 plants/Ha So if anyone knows where can i find the data for aeroponics of i made bad calculations please let me know because it would be of great help! Thanks

2. Currently growing tomatoes in my aeroponics system. I'm not sure if I'd be able to provide what you're looking for, though. I've only got four plants growing right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thanks for a reply. I only need close estimate of capacity of aeroponic system. I dont need exact number since i know that it can vary a lot from system to system. I would only need your rough estimate how much can you expect from one plant through whole year, because, as i am only focusing on yield benefits.

4. With high pressure aero, 30% more than hydro assuming the same number of plants per hectare. Low pressure/ Sprinklerponic aero will be about the same as NFT (basic hydro)