tomato growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by michaa808, Jan 6, 2012.

1. no just kidding ..
    ive been intrested lately in growing my own "pot"
    and i have a couple of questions :D and i aprciate any help i can get :D
    well .. with proper care (light.. bla bla) how long on average does it take a plant to fully mature ... ready to harvest ... ? ive heard hydro grows faster .. but the question is how fast !
    number 2 .. light .. im starting small as im still experimenting and figuring this out ... calculating if its actualy worth it .. time and effort wise ...
    so .. for 1 plant .. can i use energy saving lights ? ive found some who seem to be suited for growing ...
    well i though i had more questions but i dont remember any of them now ...
    thanks in advance :) happy new year :D

2. Rule of thumb is 1 month veg, 2 months flowering. About 90 days give or take. Thats not absolute though you can veg forever or never but on average it takes 2 months to flower.

For one plant energy bill for lights is nothing. A Xbox 360 can pull almost 400 watts on the older models, a DVR which is on 24 hours a day can use 100-300 watts..actually one of the biggest energy suckers in a house most don't realize that.

Read all the stickies at the top of the forums and google some grow guides you will learn a lot.

3. thanks "dude"
    i figured it wont be much for just 1 ... but my concern is efficiency and not power bill
    im still in research stage so havent bought any lights yet ...
    thanks again ;)

4. Well what kind of lights you use all depends on your grow really. Grows vary as much as people do. CFLs, LEDs, HID lights all depends with what you go with. Why its hard often on here to give advice. Some have a whole room dedicated to it some grow in a rubber maid or a chest drawer lol.

5. well im thinking im going for a small grow box type thingy ...
    lets say .. for 1 plant ...
    witch would you go for ?
    and sorry if i type many mistakes in english :D

6. CFLs cheap easy to obtain at any store.

7. well but im a ... if you gonna do it .. do it right kind of guy :D
    so ..
    ive read some threads about this topic and about how much light should 1 plant get ..
    and as you said .. there are diffrent choises ...
    if i go CFL will it flower about as good as HID ?

8. No but if you put a HID light in 1st there not really small, 2nd generate a massive amount of heat so you have to add cooling. Even a small HID light is not that small. HID lights get hot enough to burn you.

9. cool that about answers all my questions at the moment :D
    thanks and good night ;)