Tom Cruise on Scientology (V)

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by MelT, Jan 16, 2008.

1. LoL @ Scientology.

2. It like hes coming up with bullshit on the spot the way he talks. Pause "... um completely ... uncompromisingly ... uh dedicated.

3. personally i think he's brainwashed Katie Holmes.

4. i dont think it matters. he can believe whatever he wants its not gonna bother me. sure he is a weirdo but we all are weirdo's in our own respect. i know some mothafuckas who are fuckin creepy, make tom cruise seem like a normal guy. scientology is aight i guess.

5. scientology is nothing but a scam to get money L ron hubbard said it himself the best way to get rich is to make a religion!

www.xenutv.com

6. But religion is not the best way to get happy. :) Creating a religion is not a way to learn, it is a way to stifle learning in some. :) Learning from how religions "teach" teaches us something, doesn't it?

7. Not that I needed that video to know Tom Cruise is a total nutjob, but thanks. I try to have respect and understanding for all religions, but Scientology is one that totally boggles me. I don't understand how anyone could ever put their faith in it under any circumstances.

8. Scientology is alright you guess? haha do you know anything about it?

http://allthings2all.blogspot.com/2005/02/scientologys-science-fiction-story.html
    Scientology is based on the belief that 75 million years ago an evil intergalactic ruler named Xenu was concerned about the mass over-population of the universe. Consequently he massacred the populations of 76 planets, froze them, and transported them to earth. On earth he put them into volcanoes and exploded them with atom bombs. However their souls or spirits - called Thetans - were blown apart and left to hover about looking for new bodies to inhabit. Thetans can move into and out of bodies at will, and now inhabit human beings. A Thetan is thus the Scientologists term for the spirit of a person.

But there's more...
    Thetans have been compulsively recording intergalactic history for several quadrillion years. Each time a Thetan inhabits a new person they bring with them all the history they have recorded. This means a person has all the memories of previous lifetimes - including lives on other planets and in other galaxies. During the course of these lifetimes evil forces implant people with engrams (motivations to hurt others), or overts (undisclosed actions). In order to become a "Clear", that is one clear of implants, a person needs to be "audited" until they reach the stage of a Top Level Operating Thetan. Auditing involves being connected to a slightly modified lie detector and being asked questions while an auditor takes notes.

A Top Level Operating Thetan is considered to be a spiritually liberated person who is no longer trapped by past life memories or implants. Such people are said to have the ability to make things disappear using the power of their minds. Scientology calls this "as-isness".

[​IMG]

"The oddball apparatus is called an E meter, and Travolta uses it every
    day. He and fellow Scientologists Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, and Kirstie
    Alley say the lie-detector-like machine measures mental anguish. The
    faithful claim it's so sensitive, it can pick up the pain a human feels
    when pricked by a nail.

"'You hold two metal rods in your hands, and an experienced teacher can
    tell from the movements of the needles on the meter where the problem is
    in your body and soul,' Travolta told the German magazine STERN. 'I use
    it every day, at home or in the celebrity center in Hollywood. I also
    take a machine with me with I'm on location. It's a religious device and I
    enjoy it. I'm always totally refreshed by it.'</pre>

9. Thanks for posting that. I don't understand how people can believe this crap, especially when it was written by a well-known science fiction author. I think most organized religions are totally full of it, but this one leads the pack. At least in Christianity and other major religious, there's a sacred text and institution that's thousands of years old. In Scientology, there is no text and the beliefs/doctrines of the church have basically been made up as needed. I don't understand how people can believe such ludicrous claims with absolutely no factual basis. Faith, maybe? No, because the Church of Scientology denounces faith. They claim that all their beliefs are a matter of testable practice and real observations. If someone could please explain to me how the existence of an intergalactic extraterrestrial ruler is "testable practice", I'd be very interested to hear.

Don't get me wrong, I respect people's right to be a part of whatever religion they want, but I hope they respect my right to view them as brainwashed idiots. Do they understand how they appear to the rest of the world? It definitely doesn't help their case that there have been several instances of unexplained deaths in the church, criminal activity, felony convictions, harassment and spying on critics of the church, etc. They have driven people to suicide and bankruptcy. They have tried to ban websites critical of Scientology from appearing on internet search engines.

To read more about the corruption and brainwashing in Scientology, check this out.... seriously you'll be amazed at how evil this scam really is:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Fishman/time-behar.html

http://www.xenu.net/

What I don't understand is why people actually buy into it? What is so appealing about this religion? They must have some pretty powerful brainwashing techniques.

10. No one mentioned that to get to A Top Level Operating Thetan, you need to dish out about 400K$. No wonder only rich actors seems to be part of this....

11. haha so funny.

This has to be the dumbest religion that people believe, right in front of it are the Mormons.

12. Good links CS.:) They're both worth a visit if anyone wants to know more. This is just an excerpt from the top link, but you can see how Scientology developed:

"...An Internal Revenue Service ruling in 1967 stripped Scientology's mother church of its tax-exempt status. A federal court ruled in 1971 that Hubbard's medical claims were bogus and that E-meter auditing could no longer be called a scientific treatment. Hubbard responded by going fully religious, seeking First Amendment protection for Scien- tology's strange rites. His counselors started sporting clerical collars. Chapels were built, franchises became "missions," fees became "fixed donations," and Hubbard's comic-book cosmology became "sacred scriptures.'
    According to the church's latest price list, recruits -- "raw meat," as Hubbard called them -- take auditing sessions that cost as much as $1,000 an hour, or $12,500 for a 12 1/2-hour "intensive."

MelT