Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance Sucks

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jmarshall4, Mar 7, 2012.

1. So i have been smoking at least 5 times a day since the beginning of the year. Last weekend I decided enough was enough and started a tolerance break. I made it 2 days and got really ripped my first time smoking but i think my tolerance is back already just a day later. I'm going to try and keep my smoking down to about 3 times a day or less in an effort to reduce tolerance, but is there really any other way other to reduce tolerance other than taking a week or two off?
    Thanks in advance guys :smoke:

2. I have the same problem as you, athough ever since I started smoking weed it has been 3 to 6 times a day, and its been several years now... But I notice that if I have really stressful days and top it off by not being able to smoke most of the day, when I finally do smoke I get pretty damn high. So you could just take a break for the day and try the same night or the next day.

3. try taking alot of Vitamin C throughout the day, and Magnesium supplements right before you smoke, this will help your body absorb the THC and CBN, it will also reduce your natural tolerance buildup. Also you can try Niacin, but i hate that shit. Happy toking!

4. Take omega 3 pills.

5. Thanks for all the help guys, im gonna try out some suggestions and see how it goes.

6. my brother took all of January off, then exactly 12 midnight (to the second) we each sparked up faces that i had rolled earlier. tolerance is the worst. i keep from building a tolerance in the first place by just smoking reg's round philly i can get a bag for 5$ and my bong gets me ripped of it, but cuz the THC is relatively low i don't build that much of a tolerance, plus cuz the weed is cheaper i save money. i can grab a Q for 25$ and be good for the day

7. [quote name='"Alrex"']Take omega 3 pills.[/quote]

Where in the world did you hear that would effect your tolerance? It doesn't at all, it's just generally healthy for your cannabinoids receptors. If your receptors are fine, you won't experience any sort of difference in your high.

8. The best way to reduce tolerance is to just take a couple of weeks off. Crappy to hear, but it's true. I really need to go on a t-break myself; my tolerance is sky high.

Falling asleep the first couple of nights is going to be hell, haha.

9. I've found that diet and exercise plays a huge role in tolerance, I eat impecably and I get higher then fook everytime i blaze and am high for hours. Of course I dont smoke anymore either, i believe smoking makes your tolerance shoot through the ceiling but some disagree.

All i know is i wokeup at 230 and hit 1 bowl in the vape its about 6 oclock and im still ripped off my ass. Go hit the gym!

10. Why not smoke every afternoon/night so you can have 20-24 hrs break every time.

11. I had a huge tolerance from smoking 4-6 times a day and now the past few months I've cut it back to a bowl in the morning and a bowl at night. It really does wonders for you if your a hardcore smoker. My morning bowl wakes me up and the one at night gets me fried.

12. usually the best way to just stop smoking for a while. I had been smoking atleast once week for about 2 years and had a pretty high tolerance. I stopped smoking for about 3 months(personal reasons) and last weekend I smoked, it was pretty crappy weed(according to my friend who smokes everyday) but i got very very high. So yeah, quit. Two days is no where near long enough. I'd say about 2 weeks at the least

13. Eat a few mangos before blazing, that can help big time :)

14. Smoking once a week isn't the same as smoking daily, let a lone multiple times a day.

15. This is very true.

16. Ha you don't know what tolerance is. you smoke 1x a week. 1 bong rip will get you blasted.

17. Dude I've been smoking daily for over 15 years - you really wouldn't have built up a tolerance with just once a week :D

18. That's what I do. I smoke for relaxation and to help my insomnia. Most days I never smoke until 6:30 or so. Have 1-3 joints or vape bags and that's it. I still have incredibly high tolerance. It does suck, but it's also nice in that I can easily function in any situation if the need arises but still am relaxed and fall asleep easily when it's time for bed.

It's not even worth taking a break for me because two weeks off and then smoking will get me ripped...one time. The next time I smoke it seems I'm right back to high tolerance. Hardly worth several sleepless nights to get blasted once. At least not to me. Tried it twice and now I just say fuck it. Just medicate daily and be happy.