Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance, Myth or Real?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FollowYourBliss, May 14, 2011.

1. Yeah tolerance is real to anything. Even pain or masturbating

2. Reall. Took a t-break for 3months I get superhigh off a bowl of mids

3. Reality. However, the degree to which the tolerance takes affect to everyone is different. I smoke everyday and still get highass tits. Some days more some days less. Just keep switching strains every few days, eat healty, drink water and exercise.

Ps I've never allocated a 'time out' from smoking bud. That's just pussy nonsense.

4. How fast does tolerance change though? I have been smoking daily for a few months, and before that a couple times a week for another couple months, and I can still get pretty ripped with a ~0.3g session.

5. #65 Pufferz, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah for sure it's real, if your smokin just a lil bit a day like a bowl or so it's not gonna be too noticeable but back when I used to smoke like a half oz to an oz a day I could chief a blunt to the face and not be crazy blown or anything it could take half a blunt of some good dank to just get a head change (shitty). Some people's tolerance raises faster then others unfortunately mine goes up pretty quick for anything I take on a regular basis I have chronic pain and take morphine and norco and take enough pills to have the average person vomiting and passing out me I don't even get high off them (90mg morph and 30mg Vic in one dose) so ya it's def real

6. Unfortunately is its real

7. Sadly it's very real, I thought that I'd never get a tolerance because I was SUCH a freakin' lightweight, now it takes an asston of the dankest dank I can find to get me buzzed... not fun.

Happy Toking!

8. this guy won imo

9. Ever see that show called Super high me???

10. Durr does weed make you feel good durr

11. its as real as me and you buddy.....unless youre not real......then this would be a little awkward.....

12. omg i lmfao yea im to that point also :/

13. No. I believe for some people it's harder for them to get high. I had a friend who I smoked out and she wasn't even that high, I was way higher. She told me her mom smoked when she was pregnant. I wonder if as a child her receptors were affected..?

14. That's the way I look at it too. I vape a couple of bowls of regs everyday, which relaxes me and makes me feel good after a nice day of work, but in the weekends I'm still able to blaze up dank like there's no tomorrow and get high as hell.

I can't get as high as the first time I smoked, unless I smoke during a new situation. Every time I smoke with a different set and/or setting I get incredibly high, sometimes even too high. I think it's mostly about set and setting unless you're a heavy smoker.

I also think it's about what you expect. If you smoke everyday to get as high as possible, you'll eventually become disappointed because you'll find that you can't get more high than you are, even if you keep smoking. I used to have that attitude about smoking, resulting in what I just described. Now I just smoke to get high, and that's that. Not as high as possible, but just plain high. It only takes a couple of joint-hits; then the rest of the joint is purely for the enjoyment of smoking and to maintain the high. However, I do mostly vape..

15. I actually believe there is a negative tolerance when you first start smoking. Many other people I know claim this. I certainly noticed this and I got higher every time I smoked for the first few months. And this isn't because I was learning how to inhale.

But yes, tolerance does build once you start smoking more often.

16. I'm sure other factors are involved like your size & stuff...

17. QFT. After my accident, I went from taking nothing other than the occasional Advil to taking 14 different Rxs a day, some multiple times. Now, I take high-dose morphine, Lyrica, Vicodin and Soma every four hours and I can function (mentally) just fine. One dose of what I take would put most people OUT for hours and/or make them puke out their eye sockets.

18. #78 Pufferz, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I have been tapering my dose down with mmj and healing oil so far I have come down about 50% of my daily dose. I think that pain pills breed more pain wether it's a side effect that intensifies as our bodies grow in tolerance to them or maybe our pain receptors becoming more sensitive from being dulled by opiates 24/7 but from my experience as my doses got heavier my body aches in general seemed to get worse. Not to mention the physical dependence that develops at those doses, when I was vomiting one morning cause I ran out of morphine from not picking up a triplicate before the weekend Is when I decided I wanted to be done with modern medicine. I am not free of them yet but I am working on it =-). Sorry to hear ya are in so much pain man I know it sucks I hope you can be comfortable soon. Sand cat if you haven't tried the healing oil I would look into it. Feel free to pm me with any thing man

Puff

19. Which, for all intents and purposes, makes it real.

Tolerance is a reality.

20. Total myth.