Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance issue

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BlueSkyX, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Hey people!

(TL;DR at bottom)

I've got a bit of a tolerance issue on my hands, I've been smoking for about 3 weeks now. And I've noticed that I get way higher than I want to get, basically overshooting the mark. What makes that an issue is that it takes me only 3 hits of a joint to carry me away, so lately I've tried taking only one big hit, keeping it in for a while and exhaling it. And it seems that gets me where I need to be!

Compared to my buddies, I smoke not a percent of what they do but I do get just as high, if not higher and that strikes me as off. Can tolerance just differ a huge amount between people?
    Anyways, I'd just like know if there are people who can get properly high/stoned with a tiny amount of bud.

I am somewhat glad about it though, less money to be spent for more results!

TL;DR: I get high off of a little bud, anyone else familiar with that?

2. whats the quality of bud? haha.

but yes, tolerance differs for everyone.

3. its not a bad thing, enjoy it while it lasts and save up the money.

4. The quality of the bud is in my (not-so) expert opinion very high.
    Strain name is: Super Shiva by the way.
    And I will definitely my über-low tolerance while it lasts!

Some additional information; whenever I smoke too much I get this really nice perception change where hallways/roads etc.. seem longer than they actually are, also some minor peripheral vision stuff and auditory hallucinations (hearing things that are actually other things).

Anyways, these experiences are all really nice, but something I'd rather do on an off-time (like once a month). The high I'm aiming for is a nice buzz that has me enjoying the world that much more which I think no other substance can do.

Thanks for the reactions, happy days!

5. Well you are a lucky one lol to get to where you say you get I have to smoke 2 blunts or joints. Enjoy it while it lasts. Also your new to smoking so thats another reason why your tolerance is super low.

6. It took me months of smoking 2 or 3 times a week to even get any tolerance. What you're feeling is called being high, what most people on this forum get on a regular basis is buzzed.

It's pretty simple, either smoke multiple times a day for a while and you'll get used to the effects, or smoke less/worse weed. This is not a problem lol

7. I pass out from anymore than .4 of dank. And i can't smoke anything but bowls if im by myself because a whole joint is too much. It kinda sucks but it is also really good... Its a trade off.

8. There are two issues at play in your case-

1. You're new to smoking and have a lower tolerance level than seasoned veterans.
    2. Even for those with a relatively long toking history the addage is less is more. At a point a threshold is crossed where smoking more, more frequently, only provides a buzz or sometimes just leaves a smoker numb or not really feeling the high at all.

Generally the less often one tokes up, and the less smoked when one does, the more one feels a better quality high. While overdoing it frequently brings one's spirits down.

9. - 'I've been smoking about 3 weeks.' Not enough time to get a solid tolerance, at all. A month ago you haven't even toked ever, no shit you don't have a tolerance.

- Again, no shit. Without a tolerance you'll be way higher and off less than your stoner friends.

- 'Less money to be spent for more results!'
    I think it's more correct to say 'Less money to be spent for better results'. It doesn't sound like you smoke everyday.

If you want a tolerance, start baking everyday. You've only been toking for 'about 3 weeks now.' That's not shit.

Weed doesn't make you trip. If your scariest hallucinations are from marijuana then maybe you shouldn't smoke.

10. Lucky you. I been thinking about taking a 2 week t break starting today, or a 1 week t break 1 week before the rest of my fam leaves for vacation.
    Can't decide when to start, or if I will even have the willpower to do so.
    Good luck maintaining a low balance on yours.

11. In reply to hotdog585, marihuana does not make me 'trip' and I have never used the word in anything I posted. I do get some nice change in perception and some auditory hallucinations (to quote my post).

Anyways thanks for all the reactions! Good times!