Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance Break

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MoggyDoggy, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Hey was just woundering if any one did this too. Myself and another friend all ways take a tolerance break before 4/20. We won't smoke anything from 3/20 to 4/20 and then we smoke a overly large amount of incrediably good weed(Who doesn't on 4/20?). While our other friends are baked out of their minds:hippie: from all the smoking on 4/20 those of us who took the tolerance break don't even have minds at that point.

Last time I took a tolerance break I smoked a O with my boys. 2 Hours later left in the car to get some supplys(egos, pizza, and marshmellows.. don't ask) and ended up in a ambulance. Now I'm no longer allowed to get the supplys after smoking more then 1/8th. I was just woundering if any one esle did this and how much does it mess you up, cause it does a number on me.

2. I dont like taking them, but they are so worth it. Being an everyday smoker for a couple of years and taking a week off blazing does a number on your tolerance. Sure not blazin sucks and you might have trouble falling asleep, but its so worth it in the end. Your lungs feel great and you just get so retardedly ripped of small amounts, in the long run its definately worth it.

3. i smoke once a day, everyday. lil more on weekends. my tolerance never went up, so i dont see a point in taking tolerance breaks :D

4. I tried taking a break but it neva worked out for me I was able to stop drinking and smoking cigarettes but sweet maryjane wont stop keeping me happy:smoke:

5. me and some of my buddys are going to go on the 3/20 - 4/20 break. i hope its worth the waite. does it really make a big diffrence?

6. I took a few days off before, but I really do not enjoy not smoking soo... I was blazed when I smoked again though. JOE>

7. I'll also be taking a tolerance break once spring break is finished. I haven't taken a month off in awhile, but it's going to make April 20th all the more memorable. It'll be nice to get a little lung capacity and mental sharpness back, too.

8. That depends up_in_smoke, are you a regular smoker? My boys and I normally smoke every day or close to it. And the lowest thing we ever touch is high grade mids, most of the time its just striaght nug.(Although we do like to mix high mids with nug to make it last longer) Because we smoke every day our tolerances are up really hiiggghhhh(no pun intended... well kinda).

It normally doesn't take long after the tolerance break for our tolerances to go back up(bout two weeks) but the first day back is UNBELIVABLE. Its like the first time you smoked all over again, sept this time you have a shit load of high grade weed and a deadline =). Not to mention you save money, you get more done(aka not so lazy), and like Evangelion_Jeff said you get back some lung capacity as well, which allows you to take even bigger hits when you come back. So if you smoke a fair amount I would defiantly say take the break. I think its worth it, even if you only do it once just to see the diffrence. Besides I think its good to take a break from smoking from time to time just so you can appreciate sobriety more.

9. I need to take one.... Maybe I won't toke until friday.... mmmhhh. That'd be a good idea.

10. Taking an entire month off is pointless. Your system will be free and clear in 4 days. Also, if you limit your smoking to a particular time every day, and only smoke during that time, your tolerance will not increase. Its the smoking all day every day that makes getting high stupid and boring.

11. I have to respectfully disagree with you lexus. I find that it takes about a month for me to lower my tolerance down to pre smokage levels.(its about the same for all my boys) Taking a week or two off doesn't really do much to me. I also never said I got high all day every day, you read a little much into that. But then again thats just me, if your tolerance goes down that quick I envy you. For myself I find it takes a month, but thats just me. To each his own.

12. Same here actually, I've noticed that if I only toke at like 6PM+, my tolerance rarely fluctuates. And yes, if I take even a day off of toking my tolerance goes down a noticable amount.

13. That's because you're full of shit. Not being disrespectful, but you are. Don't smoke anything for 24 hours, drink plenty of water, then smoke a joint and come talk to me. You'll lose yourself mid-sentence. :smoking:

I did forget to mention that part about water. I drink only water and I'm sure most of the fools on here drink anything but that.

14. This place is my sanctuary when Im on tolerance breaks.
    Lets just say probation is my backup on my tolerance break.:) :hello:

:smoke:
    :bongin:

15. I'm kinda on a mandatory tolerance break. Been sick with some crazy throat bacteria for about 4 days... It's gonna feel really good to get baked again:D
    But about the 3-20 to 4-20... i find that a bit long since thc is a fat stored soluable, you can work out a bit, eat, and get new fat cells which will replace your old thc-full fat cells and there goes your tolerance. take about 3 days off and work out, you'll notice a huge difference.

peace and stay blazed:smoking:

16. I've often preached to my friends the virtues of a tollerence break in keeping things fresh. I'll be honest when i say i'm not a real heavy smoker (Maybe once, twice a week) so i don't use them often. But for a heavy smoker, a month off can make a world of difference.

17. I think everybody knows how great tolerance breaks can be. There's nothing like that whole build up, just knowing that once this break is over, you're gonna get so high and it's gonna feel awesome. And when you finally do smoke, it is everything you hoped for. Still, all the smokers I know never take tolerance breaks. Even me. Even though I know it'll be worth it, even though I can't even get high anymore, I still find it extremely hard to find the willpower to quit for more than a day. Heck, even a few hours is hard sometimes.

But tolerance breaks really work miracles. I was forced to start a tolerance break when I got a lung infection, and even though it was only for like, half a week, it totally changed my tolerance. Before the tolerance break, I couldn't get high no matter how much I smoked. I'd smoke at least a couple bowls a session, and I still wouldn't get high. I mean, I'd feel kinda mellow, but overall I wouldn't feel much of anything from smoking. But after that quick tolerance break, just a couple hits was enough to get me high again. It felt so good to finally feel high agan. I almost forgot how good a high can feel.

Anyway, I have to start looking for jobs soon, so I have to get clean. I'm gonna start my month long abstinence sometime soon. It's gonna be hell, but it'll be worth it when I have a job and have money to buy weed.

18. First and foremost I have never said one malice or disrespectful thing to you and your coming at me like this?

Second by saying I respectfully disagree I was just trying to say I see where your coming from but I don't agree with you, nothing personal.

Third I take days off smoking quite a bit, doesn't do much to me.

Fourth you assume I don't drink water. Well you assume wrong, I spend a lot of time in the gym and take a lot of pride in my body. So waters the only thing I drink and I drink at least 2 gallons a day. Normally 3 to 4.

If not smoking for a day and drinking a lot of water works for you great. It doesn't work for me. If you want to take any of this as me insulting you then fine, but that’s not my intention so please just chill.

19. in addition to drinking lots of water would one of those "drugfree" urin screens to make the tolerance brake shorter and more effective by clearing out all the thc

20. lol 3 to 4 gallons of water, big difference in the numbers....