Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance break length questions...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tokinman21, May 18, 2010.

1. well you've heard of it now. the days i didnt smoke were some of the worst days of my life! the days were moving slow,and no matter what i couldnt stop think about weed. sometimes i would smell a wiff even though there is no weed. if does effect you psychologically. theres no doubt about that. there were no physical effects though.

2. Weird, i guess it effect everyone differently, Ive never really found myself addicted to anything, i usually smoke 4 or 5 cigars when im drunk for the flavor but i do inhale it but i have never been addicted to tobacco and thats probobly like 4 times a month. Some people say they have been addicted from 1.

Personally, i think it's all in your head.

3. it is all in the head, there are no physical effects but even though its in the head, its hard to control the thoughts. our brains love being high and when you cut it off, its gets angry for a few days.

4. Well don't smoke every day if you aren't strong enough to do so...but in my personal opinion if you aren't strong enough to smoke daily you probably shouldn't smoke regularly at all.

5. My bad on bumping the thread but thats ridiculous if you guys seriously get that depressed from not smoking. It is not the weed at all that is making you depressed. There are underlying issues. I've been smoking once a day usually at night, occasionally a few times a day on weekend for about a year. I have taken many one week breaks just to lower my tolerance.

Right now I'm on day 5 of another break that I'm going to do for 2 weeks and as usual I feel completely normal. I feel just as happy as always. The only thing i've noticed is that I'm far more bored and less entertained at night because I'm not high. I also have slightly less patience for things but that is all.

If you can barely go a day without weed than you have other psychological problems or something empty from your life. Don't blame it on the marijuana.

6. I smoke at least a quad a week but just that amount would leave gaps during the week so I usually have to pick up more than that. What im getting at is that ive been a daily smoker for a long time. I've noticed how high my tolerance has raised and am currently contemplating a month long tolerance break in the near future. What ive noticed about smoking daily is that my body and mind has gotten so used to being high that weed barely affects me anymore and I just get a subtle high.

7. Like slipping into a nice hot bath.

8. Once you 've gone 2 weeks without getting high on a self-imposed basis, it's a small wonder that anyone would ever want to get high again? I mean for what? After that duration of time, other things have sufficiently "replaced" getting high.

"All comments made on this web authored by Enjoyable High are for entertainment purposes and should not be construed otherwise." *

*Hey Blades, my Legal has advised and complied to the disclaimer, so I just go with it-- hope it not a distraction.

9. 3 weeks is a lot of time
    sleep more an exercise more

10. the longer your break the better the feeling will be when you light back up again. for a chronic user the longer the break the better.

personally im not a chronic user but whenever i take a break for a week or two my high is amazing

11. Smoked everyday for 5 years straight- not 1 day sober- I smoke a quarter a week- 1 gram a day sometimes only a .5 a day, and I on my 3 day T break just for the fuck of it- I took a T break just cu I felt like it lol I want to quit for 2 weeks cuz it's a win win situation, I get higher off less an saves ganj- sometimes il even do a .2 session n I know Thas nothing but I still wanted to take a T break to see if I could do it, it's so easy , I mean I'm bored alot but its easy I just gotta keep myself occupied n I don't mean bored cuz I'm bored without it I jus bored at certain times- like everyone els lol only problem is sleep though- like I can't sleep at all-but when I do I don't dream at all I just wake up still just as tired- I say quitting is easy- except for sleep-other then that its Np- OP I suggest take a 3 week break n smoke after-youl thank urself later lol n if I can go 2 weeks I may even try a month just for the fuck of it, n see if I become a "Wvirgin" again, if a month would work for one one who smokes everyday for 5 years ten that's amazing n I look forward to it lol

12. Got through 3 months without smoking, and after I did...craziness ensued.

13. Great analogy

14. Getting high is a way of life.

15. Only problem is sleep gets harder and harder everyday lol

16. Just lit up for the first time after a 5 day break... took one hit from the bong and I'm nice and chill. I smoked a few bowls a day for at least a year before the break. Want to become strictly a weekend smoker. The high is definitely better than my last hit 6 days ago with much less smoked.

When I was on the break I definitely had a much harder time sleeping but that was only for the first couple days.. It also took a lot less to piss me off hahaha

17. Dominic, you resurrected a 2+ year-old thread on your first post. :hello:

18. This is me, I'm scared of getting tolerant because I have a pretty lowpaying job

19. #39 KFredo, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
    Necrobump yo. I don't get depressed or angry when I stop smoking, just kinda an annoying boredom. If I get the urge to smoke I can usually just tell myself I can't afford to smoke right now and usually start doing a tolerance break just for fun. That's how it always happens. I never decide to stop unless I plan on saving some cash, but even after I save enough money I do a fun little test of my willpower. This time might be particularly hard, just because I had a brain injury in a car accident in December and have been smoking more than usual, (still go days without smoking on a regular basis though) close to non-stop pretty much, and I also was on anti-depressants because of the possibility of the injury causing a neurotoxin imbalance and weened off of them about a month ago. (i feel like weed made that easier, so I'm hoping it hasn't replaced it as something that I take on a regular basis to feel normal.) That'd be too expensive and risky with my living situation. I hope it's not bad, and I especially hope that it doesn't end up being bad just because there's a part of me that expects it to suck quitting. I don't know why I feel like it will be hard, I have easily gone days without smoking before. Maybe I'm just being a little paranoid. I hope so. I'm high right now but this might be my last time for a while just because my pal who smokes me out on a regular basis is taking a break himself and I also wanna try an indefinite t-break since I have school after missing out on this semester due to my car accident.

20. I usually take like a month tolerance break. Come back, get decently buzzed, then m tolerance comes back.

Now, I have like 15 days left before I spark up after a 10 month t-break. Heh, can't wait.

I stopped thinking about it for a while and I got a lot saved up without spending $$$ on weed.