Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tolerance break duration question

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by john titor, May 24, 2010.

1. What is a good length for a tolerance break? I have been smoking more or less every day for the past 2 years, and I am just getting ready to grow some. I am planning on having roughly a 10 week grow. I have heard folks take 2 week t-breaks and come back to smoking, but if I increase the time I abstain, will I get even higher at the end of say, 9 weeks than if I wait just 2?

2. Im no doctor but after your tolerance is at zero it wont get any lower

3. Basically, after around a month of no smoking your tolerance is at zero and will not ever get lower once at zero

4. right, so I guess my real question is how long does it take to get to zero? It takes 30 days or so to get the thc out of your system but does that mean tolerance as well?

5. ok cool. I think I will stop smoking when I begin flowering, so my harvest will be extra awesome!

6. I would stop smoking once your starting to get done because you have to dry it and cure it,

7. take a month to a month and a half off

8. #8 jsav, May 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
    I've been using cannabis daily for 3 months. I'm on a 2-week break, and think that'll do it for me. Shit, I didn't smoke for 36 hours a week ago and was able to be almost back to 100% normal (it seemed like 80%). Imagine what 2 weeks will do. That's why I believe in taking a week off once every 1-2 months. That's what I'm going to start doing after this break.