Toking to Drive (driving under the influence of weed)

Discussion in 'General' started by Vee, Jul 3, 2019.

1. When I moved out on my own, I moved in a house with a bunch of roommates. This was in 2000. Some smoked, some didn't, and it was agreed (at least early on), but any weed smoking was to be done outside of the house. Because of that, I got to know every back-road, highway, every straightaway, every hill, drop, curve, and driveways to pull into. It got to be a really fun thing to do. We would (all 3-5 of us) pile into someones car and just go for a drive, keeping the smoking on the down-low when any cars were nearby. My commutes home were that much funner, if I wanted to take a scenic route--so what if I got home 20 min late. From a long day at work, I actually looked forward to the drive home (if I had my pipe with me..lol).

I also learned that semi-trucks were your friends if you can get in front of one, on a 1 lane road (i.e. passing lane), to keep distance between you and whatever was behind you since semi's tend to travel slower. I don't really toke on the roads anymore, but I miss those days. Lots of great day/night trips around the area.

* Also, I became a master at holding and steering the wheel with only my knees.

2. I went for a Drive to the Garden Nursery this morning, came home & "then" i got High:p...

3. OMG...that reminds me. I used to work with this cool d00d, who was able to--I SHIT YOU NOT-hold papers with weed in his right hand ready to roll--AND roll it into a good joint one handed, AND shift the gears with the same hand. My jaw DROPPED when I saw that for the 1st time (and 2nd, and 3rd)..I was just amazed. I can't roll with a damn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. The main thing I did for a living before I retired was drive. I was a limo driver, courier, and I drove (and taught people how to drive) big rigs.

When I was a driving instructor (and before that when I was a driving student at the same school) we had to watch a shitload of educational 'Red Asphalt'-type films. One of the more interesting films took a group of drivers and had them do a driving course sober, under the influence of alcohol, and stoned. The drunk drivers bombed. The sober drivers did good, and the stoned drivers varied from not as good as they did sober to a lot better than they did sober.

Marijuana doesn't affect motor coordination the way alcohol does, but it does affect judgement. I can't speak with scientific precision here... I don't have collected data to show. But over the course of over a million miles driving I can say without hesitation that stoned drivers aren't anywhere near as dangerous as drunk drivers. The one thing they're pretty lousy at, and what I would be looking for if I was a cop looking to bust stoned drivers, is speed management. Stoned drivers can't maintain speed for shit. On the other hand, stoned drivers tend to drive more safely because they tend to be hyper aware of the fact that they're stoned, and (sometimes over-) compensate for it.

Nowadays there's a lot of press over the supposed 'unknown hazards' of marijuana consumption that was never an issue before pot was legalized. Now it's a new source of revenue for police departments and government agencies. The New York Times just published an article about legal weed in Colorado, the gist of the piece being that people are checking into hospitals in droves from overdosing on marijuana. LMAO. (Once it gets into the details of those horrible overdoses, they are almost all cases of anxiety attacks and vomiting from anxiety attacks. Go figure!)

Intoxication while driving is a bad idea because of the legal repercussions if you get busted. But if you were stoned and I knew you were a competent driver I would have no problem riding in your car.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I took some of my drivers training courses and did my drivers test stoned. So all your bitch ass saying I have a problem?

It comes down to the person, but it's the ignorance of the people in politics, and the few that shouldn't smoke that ruins it for everybody.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. It depends alot on strain for me some weeds get my head spaced out and I dont pay attention as much and some relaxed me and makes me focus better. So it depends what I am smoking on at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. I totally agree with that. I could drive on a sativa with no problems but on a heavy indica? No thanks! I'll just pull off the road, eat these chips, and go to sleep. :D-_-

• Like Like x 1
  8. Only a fucktard drives while under the influence.

9. If you get as stoned as you get drunk, you have a whole different list of issues to address and anyone like you need not drive. I wake up, smoke, and smoke til I go to bed and smoke before bed. Never not once stopping to think of I’m sober enough to drive, tf kinda goofy is that. But as soon as the alcohol caresses me so sensually, driving is not an option. When you’re drunk, stuff moves, things in the windshield are closer than they appear, all bad.

• Agree Agree x 1