Today would be a good day to die...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Medicine Al, Aug 28, 2007.

1. I saw the sunrise from my home on top of the hill. Today would be a good day to die.My life is full of love and remorse, but more good than bad. Today would be a good day to die.I've seen the wonders of nature and the follies of men. Today would be a good day to die.I've spoken to heaven and been answered by hell. Today would be a good day to die.I've outlived messiahs, and kings, and heroes of mine. Today would be a good day to die.I cry for the world as it painfully grows up. Today would be a good day to die.My love is my people, at war with their souls. Today would be a good day to die.I am the caretaker of earth, and I am failing my task. Today would be a good day to die. A thought cleansing release for my angst. Today is also a great day to live.

2. Very good poetry, didn't expect that last statement- but that's what made it what it was! :D

3. great poem. i love the detail of words you used. the sun sounds pretty.

4. Any day would be a good day to die. Anytime to relieve us of this suffering we call "life".

5. im enjoying life idk what your talking about bro maybe you need to start smoking some better shit

6. Naw man, I'm not even really depressed at the moment. I'm probably the happiest I've ever been. It's just that life is pointless.

7. very good :) i like.

8. I'm sorry that you see it that way, but that's your fault and not life's.

Im curious Medicine, is there any reason you didn't space the statements after "Today would be a good day to die." except for the last one? Maybe to emphasize the last two lines? heh, either way, it's not bad.

9. Interesting that you would ask, I have to thank the computer for reformatting, I had actually spaced the statements, but when I submitted the thread it just printed out this way. I liked it, so I left it that way. Bless the accident, right?

The title statement "Today would be a good day to die", is a line from the movie "Little Big Man". It is a native american saying, and it is merely a releasing of one's essence to the forces of time and nature, and an acceptance of all that will occur. The lines that interpolate with this statement are mine, my feelings yesterday morning, when I was about to have an eyetooth removed. Ouch.

I am not suicidal, but if shit happens, then I will leave this life in peace, knowing that my life has been worth living. Today would be a good day to die.

10. I agree, although I understand where Blonde is coming from.

Maybe some purpose would spice up your life Blonde? You should try gardening or trying thinking about who you want to be and then go after it. Being needed and being driven give me lots of purpose, and I don't think I'm unique in that way.

Try just growing a plant- it might give you hope that life isn't pointless after all. :)

Just something about watching something grow...

11. It's not like I just sit around and do nothing all day. I have SO much shit to do it's crazy. I'm probably an overly ambitious person if anything. I have my little hobbies and small and making websites and chillin with friends and a gf. It's just when I look at life with such a logical viewpoint and how god doesn't exist and how there's no afterlife anyway, it just makes life so insignificant. And it is. I do have big plans for my future though. The fact that I see life as pointless and not worth to live in the end run doesn't mean I'm not happy and am not enjoying life. Right now life is pretty cool although religion class seems like it's going to be a little intolerable.

12. double post

13. its a crazy thing to think about, you may very well be correct in your assumptions that i agree are depressing. I believe that we are not insignificant and that our lives here on earth are just the beginning of something far greater. Just trust your instinct, do you really believe that we are not created? If we are, the creator obviously liked us and if that is so then it is reasonable to assume that we will not perish into nothingness. and also that our lives here on earth have some significance and meaning. just my point of view, but i feel ya man. theres nothing else we can do but enjoy this life that we have fallen into and hope for something after we die. later:smoke:

14. I just re-watched this scene from the film, and have decided that this may be my favorite scene from any movie, ever.

If you have never seen Little Big Man, get it. Today would be a good day to watch it, its old, but very well done, and a cool 4th of July way of taking in some well dramatized american history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKTaN-HtRk8&feature=related

" The problem with Snake Women, is that they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me..."
    -Chief Dan George-
    :D:smoking:
    Smoke'em!

15. i was thinking about this exact same thing the other day. i am content with life, and if so happen to die tommorw then i'm okay with that. i have been really depressed my whole life and finally said fuck it, i am going to live it up