today is fucking grand

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by e_to_the_x, Jul 16, 2009.

1. yes I received my FAFSA aid today and I actually have to pay nothing for college due to my scholarships! THIS IS SO AMAZING! I'm so glad I took a few hours of my time to apply for scholarships it was totally worth it

2. like wise, my friend.......like wise.......

3. Yeah dude I got lent over 10K$ for next school year and half of it is a GRANT, GIVEN to me and I don't have to pay it back, I'm pumped about it.

4. Congratulations, bro. I would love to have some aid to pay for college.

5. #5 wreege, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009
    this reminds me of a coworker of mine told me a little story about his roommate back in college. he went to Radford University in south western Virginia. also this was in the early-mid 90s.

His roommate had just gotten his first financial aid check in the mail. Seeing how much it was, he freaked out! Lets say it was $3000. He was under the impression this was to last him his whole four years! He immediately went drove out to Arizona and spent all of it on weed.
    Before leaving Arizona, he went to a party and got hooked up with some acid. Next day, he starts his drive home. Pretty clear smooth sailing up until Kentucky. At a rest stop he finally took the acid. A number of miles down the road, well into the trip, a cop starts tailing him. Keep in mind he's tripping and has roughly $3000 in pot in the car.
    The guy drives a good 2 hours past Radford where the cop finally stops tailing him and pulls off the interstate. Realizing where he is, said college student drives back to school where his roommate (my coworker) tells him that was only for one semester!
    The guy who bought all the weed ends up selling all of it and making enough profit to pay his way through college, and continued to receive finanical aid checks!

you think about it, theres no way that was a cop. crossing state borders and all? yeah. i'm sure i'd mistake any car for a cop if i had $3000 worth of pot on me driving cross country. sorry if it makes no sense, been drinking and smoking and very bored.

6. Fuck man your lucky.

My dad makes to much to get any type of aid, but now that I think of it I'm lucky to not having to pay for college.

Oh fuck were all lucky!

7. not the people that have to take out loans for college :[